Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo & CG Summit Combo.
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Demoed a Z trap yesterday and all I can say is W.O.W! 25 balls of smoke:)
Feels great in the hands
The balance is customizable so the way it was set up felt perfect in the mount.
Moved effortlessly to the target, easily allowed for consistent follow through.
Recoil was much less than what I’m accustomed to and apparently Zoli has something special going on that they will not share with their dealers because when we asked, I was told it’s proprietary and not something they will divulge so...regardless, it’s a soft shooter.
Trigger was crispy at what felt like about 3-4lbs with no slack.
The grip, again, wow - the cutout and palm swell allowed my hand to precisely find home every time without thought.
The only bummer is that I’m not really in need of an additional trap gun but I’m almost ready to shut up and throw them my money....
If you’re in the market for a serious crusher, do not make a purchase without taking one of these to a practice trap first!

·
What squad am I on?
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont DO IT WAD!!!!!! Your on the slippery slope............
Dude, I’ve been slipping and sliding on that slope since I got back into the sport!
I can’t help myself and they make it soooo easy, practically throwing guns at me, telling me to demo it...
I get the “one gun and done” thing but there’s just too many options out there to limit yourself and to those that do limit themselves, you ain’t doin yer’self any favors.
Over the past week I’ve demoed a bunch of guns simply because I can and the Z gun was, without question, the best feeling/handling gun I’ve tried—hands down more enjoyable to shoot than any other gun I’ve tried.
Maybe a thousand targets down the road it won’t be any different but on the flip side...maybe it will?
Besides, some of the people that I’ve had tell me not to get caught up with trying to find that magic gun are in fact themselves sliding right alongside me so let’s have some fun;)

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I remember looking at Zoli’s in 2013 at the Grand. The rep for them hinted that they had a lot of Perazzi influence. I never shot the gun, but it shouldered nicely, was well balanced, and looked well built. Their rep thought that those would sell for about $7500 to $7700 for a combo at that time, which seemed like a lot of gun for the money.

Hey doc, I could ask the same of you. If coveting thy neighbor’s gun is a sin, I have a one-way ticket on the hell express, as I still lust over your Alf. If you can get WadHopper’s, please consider selling me yours. I’ll give her a good home!

·
Keystone Shooter
2,283 Posts
You’re done for now Wad! You’ve taken a bite and now your hooked. You may as well cough up the bucks and get it. If you don’t you’ll be kicking yourself later. I don’t want to hear you whining about it later, either. I told my son I’ve been looking at the Z gun too. Now I’ve got him looking at them.
All kidding aside, I think they’re a really nice gun.
Good luck on your decision either way.
Chief

·
Well known trouble maker
3,321 Posts
Hey doc, I could ask the same of you. If coveting thy neighbor’s gun is a sin, I have a one-way ticket on the hell express, as I still lust over your Alf. If you can get WadHopper’s, please consider selling me yours. I’ll give her a good home!
My Alf is doing therapeutic duty with a dear friend who is a chair shooter. He will never get out of that motorized scooter and the Alf is his as long as he wants and is capable of shooting. If and when he decides to throw in the towel I will deliver the gun to Batesville with a big red bow around the barrel.

As far as Wad's Alf, I will go on record as offering him the same amount of money they will give him should he decide to trade it in on that Zoli. Of course I will need to see something in writing from the folks at Zoli regarding what they are offering him because I just don't trust him. How could anyone after how long he lied to us about that Tri-Star! ;)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Feels great in the hands
Recoil was much less than what I’m accustomed to and apparently Zoli has something special going on that they will not share with their dealers because when we asked, I was told it’s proprietary and not something they will divulge so...regardless, it’s a soft shooter.
The grip, again, wow - the cutout and palm swell allowed my hand to precisely find home every time without thought.
The only bummer is that I’m not really in need of an additional trap gun but I’m almost ready to shut up and throw them my money....
If you’re in the market for a serious crusher, do not make a purchase without taking one of these to a practice trap first!
Was this the Unsingle Z Trap that you demoed . Did you get a chance to check out the O/U also thanks much. Richie

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I have a Zoli Kronos sporting shotgun and love it.
So far, it's the one gun I have/had that I won't consider selling.
All other guns I've owned could be sold or traded but not this one.

·
Premium Member
4,871 Posts
My Alf is doing therapeutic duty with a dear friend who is a chair shooter. He will never get out of that motorized scooter and the Alf is his as long as he wants and is capable of shooting. If and when he decides to throw in the towel I will deliver the gun to Batesville with a big red bow around the barrel.

As far as Wad's Alf, I will go on record as offering him the same amount of money they will give him should he decide to trade it in on that Zoli. Of course I will need to see something in writing from the folks at Zoli regarding what they are offering him because I just don't trust him. How could anyone after how long he lied to us about that Tri-Star! ;)
I doubt I would ever seriously act on a gun endorsement from someone that so strongly endorsed and every living breath was drawn to talk about a Tri-Star . Hell even a used car salesmen wouldn`t go that far to sell a Junker .

·
What squad am I on?
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As far as Wad's Alf, I will go on record as offering him the same amount of money they will give him should he decide to trade it in on that Zoli.
Considering they won’t take an Alfermann on trade I think I’ll pass on that, lol!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Zoli claims that their guns shoot softly because of their barrels. They have tested different alloys and together with the way they assemble the barrels is the reason that they shoot softly. Also they are induction brazed with silver solder so the will never have ribs come loose like a Perazzi.
The Z gun is quite similar to a Perazzi in that it has a modified Boss action, has a drop out trigger, excellent fit and finish, swings and feels alive in your hands
like a Perazzi, but the best part is they cost only about half of the going price of a Perazzi.

CT

·
Banned
2,711 Posts
I have a Zoli. Very nice gun. So nice my better half has it. I am thinking about a Kronos as opposed to the Z gun. Kronos looks like a screaming value.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Feels great in the hands
In Need? What does NEED have to do with anything? Buy the Z trap. Life is way too short!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I’ve shooting a Z-Gun for almost 2 years now could not be happier with it. Soft shooter, swings quick,outstanding fit and finish.

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
Wad has seen the light.
He has came from the depth and despair of a ill shooting trap gun to the sweet sensation of a smokestick.
I think you could be in love .
I hope it's not different gun syndrome.

Well time will tell. Good luck and good shooting.
Henry

·
Administrator
8,652 Posts
Feels great in the hands
Wad.....My dad purchased a Z-Trap combo not to long ago and I feel they offer a lot of value for the money.

1.Combo comes with two forends(nice)
2.Comb hardware is excellent.
3.You can adjust the unsingle for a very high POI if desired. The rib adjustment is simple and easy to use.
4.Take a good look inside---the finish on the internal parts is very good.
5.The O/U feels very balanced and swings with ease.
6.The stock is nicely palm swelled and feels good.

My dad did have a gracoil put on his and it is a Very Soft shooter.

Wad.....I think you need to get one ;)

1 - 20 of 113 Posts