Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a combo and have only shot the unsingle so far. I will take some pictures and post. Mine has upgraded wood and is black, looks pretty awesome but that’s my opinion. I shot 7 rounds from the 16 so far and have 4 25’s. The first 2 rounds I was trying to get rib and comb set for me. I am impressed, absolutely solid feel and solid gun with no recoil. I do only shoot 1 OZ loads at 1200 FPS but I’m sure 1 1/8 OZ would still be super soft. All I can say is if your thinking about a high end gun, give these a look. I have done the alphabet, B guns, G guns, K guns, never a P gun, but now a Z gun.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I'm impressed that you're shooting it so well already. Way to go!
I have a Zoli Kronos sporting model and really like. Haven't had a chance to check out the trap model
but would like to.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I bought a combo and have only shot the unsingle so far. I will take some pictures and post. Mine has upgraded wood and is black, looks pretty awesome but that’s my opinion. I shot 7 rounds from the 16 so far and have 4 25’s. The first 2 rounds I was trying to get rib and comb set for me. I am impressed, absolutely solid feel and solid gun with no recoil. I do only shoot 1 OZ loads at 1200 FPS but I’m sure 1 1/8 OZ would still be super soft. All I can say is if your thinking about a high end gun, give these a look. I have done the alphabet, B guns, C guns, G guns, K guns, never a P gun, but now a Z gun.
Ummm, what brand is the "G" gun?

·
Vendor
19,648 Posts
Plake. Would you Puleeeze tell us what it is that makes you shun Perazzi? And while at it, tell us num-nuts types what you had to shell out to make this better choice...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothing against Perazzi at all, just never had one. And yes should be CG, same one not C and G.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Here we go again. I love it. Bored. Having owned and shot 25 +- P guns over the last 40 years, I also am now shooting a Zoli HR. Why? Because I live 30 minutes from Norbert who set it up and did the release; it is different; I now shoot just for fun; and I like the high rib. I loved every P gun I owned and all were excellent. Most were used which allowed me to acquire a number of SCOs, SC3s, a European SCX and Lussos w/o going broke. Back in the 80s Tony DeSimone was having ADS guns engraved by P gun engravers moonlighting. Lived up in Detroit and Jaqua’s loved me. I do believe my Zolis are equal to P guns in quality but certainly not in available options. FWIW.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,125 Posts
Here we go again. I love it. Bored. Having owned and shot 25 +- P guns over the last 40 years, I also am now shooting a Zoli HR. Why? Because I live 30 minutes from Norbert who set it up and did the release; it is different; I now shoot just for fun; and I like the high rib. I loved every P gun I owned and all were excellent. Most were used which allowed me to acquire a number of SCOs, SC3s, a European SCX and Lussos w/o going broke. Back in the 80s Tony DeSimone was having ADS guns engraved by P gun engravers moonlighting. Lived up in Detroit and Jaqua’s loved me. I do believe my Zolis are equal to P guns in quality but certainly not in available options. FWIW.
I think one of the biggest problems with Perazzi is that they offer TOO MANY options. This really kills resale along with having 50 different names for 2 designs. They do a great job at confusing potential buyers.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Zoli and Blaser both need top single barrels . Zoli sporting guns look very sharp. I sold my Blaser Super Trap cause I couldn't get comfortable with the high rib. There are more low rib shooters out there if you take into account the pump and semi-automatics shotguns being used.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I bought a combo and have only shot the unsingle so far. I will take some pictures and post. Mine has upgraded wood and is black, looks pretty awesome but that’s my opinion. I shot 7 rounds from the 16 so far and have 4 25’s. The first 2 rounds I was trying to get rib and comb set for me. I am impressed, absolutely solid feel and solid gun with no recoil. I do only shoot 1 OZ loads at 1200 FPS but I’m sure 1 1/8 OZ would still be super soft. All I can say is if your thinking about a high end gun, give these a look. I have done the alphabet, B guns, G guns, K guns, never a P gun, but now a Z gun.
Please PM me at your earliest convenience.
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
+10 for Norbert!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts