Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone just get one of these lately? On my short list. Any input appreciated. I’m thinking a good value. Have considered Blaser, Krieghoff, and Perazzi.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I got one a couple years ago. They are IMO the best bang for the buck. Mine was a demo gun by looking at it I don’t believe it was shot all that much. I’ve probably put 13-14000 rounds through it with no problems at all.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. Any recoil issues? I read they are soft shooting but have no personal experience.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I need to shoot one. I have read everything I can find on these. The addition of Norbert to the Zoli group says something but like others have said well who’s next for him.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I shot a new demo gun at elite shotguns in Vero beach and was very impressed. One thing I noticed is it had a longer LOP than the guns I’ve been shooting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Longer LOP is fine, I want 14 5/8 - 14 3/4. I think standard is 14 3/4 from what I have been told. How was recoil? I was told by someone that they shot Nitro 27’s and never had a issue with recoil. Hmm

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Thanks for the response. Any recoil issues? I read they are soft shooting but have no personal experience.
I started with a BT-99 AR for 16’s and caps and a 725 for doubles the ZOLI is softer shooting than those two. The most important thing is to get a gun that fits then recoil really won’t be an issue. I could tell pretty quick the first time I shot a round with a friends ZOLI that was the gun I wanted it just Fit.

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo
8,273 Posts
When I picked one up, I knew I had to shoot it.
When I shot it, I knew I had to own one.
Who’s Norbert?
Recoil with a Z is like most guns that employ a recoil reduction device. They are incredibly soft shooting.
As an example...
I tightened the Gracoil on my Z so it wouldn’t collapse and compared it to my KX6S with a Stock Lock. With my 1oz loads pushing 1200fps the Z was actually softer. With 3dr handicap loads it’s comparable to the Stock Lock.
The only real difference was there’s no goofy movement with the Z. Granted, the Zoli is a pound heavier which I’m sure plays a role but moreover, it fits so damn well that it’s almost indistinguishable.

Reactions: Dholt

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm new at the game but Zoli gets good reviews from customers, dealers and reviewers alike. I own the Zoli Z Sport (low rib) not the Trap Combo, but the recoil is low, at least lower than my previous CG Summit.

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo
8,273 Posts
The Z Trap unsingle will make just about anyone smile. It's a pleasure to shoot.

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo
8,273 Posts
I don’t know for sure but what I’ve noticed is that combos have this rib...

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

While the unsingle only has this one...

Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Shotgun

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm, what am I missing, is there a difference? I’m going for a combo. Thanks WadHopper!

·
Super Moderator
Perazzi MX10RS 32/34 Combo w/Allor tuned barrels, K80 Parcours 32"
3,350 Posts
Hmm, what am I missing, is there a difference? I’m going for a combo. Thanks WadHopper!
Look at the pickets.

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
My dream gun.

I have its grandfather, the Ritmo.

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo
8,273 Posts
Look at the pickets.
And the adjustment is different. I only have front whereas the “newer” has both front and rear. The means to adjust are also a little different.
All I know is I bought the same model I demoed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes you are correct I see the pickets are different. There site shows adjustable front and back, dealer says no. I’m confused now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts