Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone just get one of these lately? On my short list. Any input appreciated. I’m thinking a good value. Have considered Blaser, Krieghoff, and Perazzi.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I got one a couple years ago. They are IMO the best bang for the buck. Mine was a demo gun by looking at it I don’t believe it was shot all that much. I’ve probably put 13-14000 rounds through it with no problems at all.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. Any recoil issues? I read they are soft shooting but have no personal experience.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I need to shoot one. I have read everything I can find on these. The addition of Norbert to the Zoli group says something but like others have said well who’s next for him.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I shot a new demo gun at elite shotguns in Vero beach and was very impressed. One thing I noticed is it had a longer LOP than the guns I’ve been shooting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Longer LOP is fine, I want 14 5/8 - 14 3/4. I think standard is 14 3/4 from what I have been told. How was recoil? I was told by someone that they shot Nitro 27’s and never had a issue with recoil. Hmm

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Thanks for the response. Any recoil issues? I read they are soft shooting but have no personal experience.
I started with a BT-99 AR for 16’s and caps and a 725 for doubles the ZOLI is softer shooting than those two. The most important thing is to get a gun that fits then recoil really won’t be an issue. I could tell pretty quick the first time I shot a round with a friends ZOLI that was the gun I wanted it just Fit.

·
What squad am I on?
GU 725 Adj Combo & CG Summit Combo.
8,115 Posts
When I picked one up, I knew I had to shoot it.
When I shot it, I knew I had to own one.
Who’s Norbert?
Recoil with a Z is like most guns that employ a recoil reduction device. They are incredibly soft shooting.
As an example...
I tightened the Gracoil on my Z so it wouldn’t collapse and compared it to my KX6S with a Stock Lock. With my 1oz loads pushing 1200fps the Z was actually softer. With 3dr handicap loads it’s comparable to the Stock Lock.
The only real difference was there’s no goofy movement with the Z. Granted, the Zoli is a pound heavier which I’m sure plays a role but moreover, it fits so damn well that it’s almost indistinguishable.

Reactions: Dholt

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm new at the game but Zoli gets good reviews from customers, dealers and reviewers alike. I own the Zoli Z Sport (low rib) not the Trap Combo, but the recoil is low, at least lower than my previous CG Summit.

·
What squad am I on?
8,115 Posts
The Z Trap unsingle will make just about anyone smile. It's a pleasure to shoot.

·
What squad am I on?
8,115 Posts
I don’t know for sure but what I’ve noticed is that combos have this rib...

AF80F9C9-397F-4402-8BBE-CEC148E61AE8.jpeg

While the unsingle only has this one...

0DE51541-A069-4CF0-8924-351757AA950E.jpeg

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm, what am I missing, is there a difference? I’m going for a combo. Thanks WadHopper!

·
Premium Member
11,896 Posts
My dream gun.

I have its grandfather, the Ritmo.

·
What squad am I on?
8,115 Posts
Look at the pickets.
And the adjustment is different. I only have front whereas the “newer” has both front and rear. The means to adjust are also a little different.
All I know is I bought the same model I demoed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes you are correct I see the pickets are different. There site shows adjustable front and back, dealer says no. I’m confused now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts