Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are they structured and staffed? How is liability handled or managed? With all the lawsuits and potential issues can a youth shotgun program be set up to succeed?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Our club hosts a USA clay target league youth team. The league provides insurance coverage through the season. Parents are encouraged to join the club in order to allow for extra practice in the off season. Coaching and staffing is done by club volunteers.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
We support 4H and AIM. We have certified coaches on the range with them at all times. Both organizations have structure and safety rules already set up by their organizations. Our range has multi-million dollar liability insurance already in place for the club in general. There is no shortage of volunteers as the parents are watching out for their kids safety as well. Anyone violates the rules, that kid is snatched up and corrected pretty quick. I personally have grabbed a gun barrel or two. I’m not shy. I realize my answer is pretty general, but when you have a national organization already there, it’s pretty easy to follow their guidelines and add a few of your own as necessary.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
All teams have a contract that shoot at our club all teams must provide proof of ins. Parent's of athletes sign a hold harmless agreement and all athletes are members of the club either family or a junior membership.

·
Vendor
795 Posts
We're in the same boat as trout. We host the usa high school clay target league. 55 or so kids in the spring and 25 or so kids in the fall. The league does provide insurance which is nice. We shoot once a week and many of the parents are active, it's a great asset! Message me if you want any details, the programs are pretty easy to setup and run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts