Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

I bought my son a BT99 Micro Midas for Christmas this past year. He starts shooting on a youth trap team next month 1st meeting is March 8th. Would it benefit him to have an adjustable comb? If so I would like to get it done and back ASAP as I don’t want him to miss any practice. Should I go ahead and have this done or wait to see if he needs it.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Angelo

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Yup agree it needs to be done sooner than later. With my kid who is no longer a kid got his XT we set it up for the 27 and he had to "relearn" how to shoot singles again. I wish I would have started him from day one with an adjustable comb.

·
Registered
231 Posts
YES! Have him mount it (make sure it's empty) and you look down the barrel. The bottom of his pupil should be just above the rib. My kid's pupil was just below it until I had a comb cut into it.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Having the adjustable comb is one of the best things you can do to help a young shooter. It will be some of the best money you can spend to help that young man. Tron will do a great job for you.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Let him shoot it for 3000 rounds or more then make the decision its to easy to blame a slight adjusment on a miss. Sometimes i think we fiddle around to much with adjustments before we learn the gun and develope a consistant gun mount. Mike

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
I think every trap gun should have an adjustable comb. Over the years most people need to make adjustments as their face changes. The gun can also be adjusted to fit a new owner. As long as you use quality hardware like Graco it’s a positive move.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Drove it to Joe this morning, great guy to deal with. He is gonna have it back to me by next Thursday.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good decision. I can't imagine having a target shotgun without either an adjustable comb or custom stock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just a follow up, could not ask for a better experience with tronspace. I drove my boys stock up to him on Thursday and had a tracking number on Friday. The stock showed up on my doorstep on Monday. What a great guy and phenomenal workmanship.

Could not be happier. Thanks Again Joe!

Angelo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts