Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats it like where you live. Presently here in southern Minnesota 25-30 mph winds, 5+ inches of new snow, temperature dropping from a high of 21. Expecting lows near -5 with 35 mph winds tonight. Probably go shooting tomorrow with a high of +5 and 30 mph winds. Great for shooting handicaps.

Austin Fatts

·
Registered
142 Posts
75 degrees and a light southerly breeze today. Tomorrow they are calling for a high of 40 degrees and a 30 plus mph breeze out of the North. It WILL be quite a change.

We had a great time shooting at Fort Hood today.

Ron Schroer

Texas Trap Shooter

Sun City, TX

·
Banned
556 Posts
Nothing is better than trap shooting in the snow, targets seem so slow you can hit them with a snowball. 7 degrees this morning in Island County WA.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
I just came home from some work at the club. When I arrived at around 9 it was -20 and when we left in the heat of the day at around 2 it had warmed up to -14. Supposed to hit -30 tonight and we have a meat shoot tomorrow. Gonna be warm inside..Happy Holidays to all.

Rick at Great Falls Mt.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well.................

looking out my window in beautiful Saratoga Springs, NY it is snowing. But then again it snowed yesterday and two days before that.

Better conditions this week than last week when we had our worst ice storm since I can remember.Some folks went with out power for over a week.

Did I mention it was 11 degrees? That is 11 F not C for our neighbors to the north.

Hope to start doing a little league shooting after the first of the year. Haven't shot since October.

Happy Holidays to all of you.

Dr. Honk

·
Supporting Vendor
6,164 Posts
5 degrees in west central Indiana. Strong winds maybe 20-30 mph. No shooting for me today!

Jim Skeel

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
15 degrees, windy, snow falling in addition to the 12-15 inches on the ground. All trap shooting cancelled until March. Bummer. Just not enough hardy souls to keep going. And the pat trap behaves VERY strangely when it's frozen. The last time we turned it on, it just started spewing birds. One after another. We started shooting at them, taking turns. Actually fun.

Bruce

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.