Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you leave you gun together to pick up and swing around the house when not shooting. I have noticed when I let it set for a while and then pick it up I wear out very fast. In the off season I think I am going to spend more time doing gun pull ups.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I leave my guns put together because they fit in the safe better that way.

I have 2 five pound dumbbells that I carry when I do my morning walk. Every now and then I will lift them like I am mounting my shotgun and swing right to left and visa versa. Every now and then I will pull out the Unsingle and swing it around.

Jason

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
The Terry Jordan Wall Chart Dry Firing System is the perfect exercise to keep your shooting muscles in shape, and at the same time you will swing your gun smoother to the target...Call Terry at 519-631-7842 or [email protected]

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
The only time I shot decent scores is when I put two 1/2" rods down my O/U barrels and worked my way to a 100 lifts per session each day holding each gun lift for a one thousand one 10 c0unt. I also walked an hour a day with two five pound hand weights and spent another 40 or so minutes pointing my weighted barrel at spots on my garage wall with a start and finish spots.

All this "work" yielded vastly improved scores but for me I wasn't willing to make this an ongoing program for several reasons, after a few months of stopping this routine my scores slipped back to there original level.

What I learned if I put in the time and did the work my scores vastly improved. It's all about work to attain higher levels, it never changes.

I think but don't for certain Sean Hawley still lifts his gun 100 times daily.

Surfer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts