Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen people use copper plated shot and #6 Lead using heavy loads.
What do you like.
And Why
Steve

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
1 1/8 oz #6 and Unique powder in a paper hull! Tom Strunk sold me on this and he made the shot count just before it hit the ground wayyyy out there!!!! Lot's of data to choose from though.

·
Registered
12,949 Posts
I have a 1oz load of #6 that works just great WHEN I do my part. NOT going to tell you the load components because then there would be a run on them and I would have to much trouble getting them for myself!! Sorry!! not going to do it!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I have a 1oz load of #6 that works just great WHEN I do my part. NOT going to tell you the load components because then there would be a run on them and I would have to much trouble getting them for myself!! Sorry!! not going to do it!
I thought you were gonna tell us you was afraid someone would scuff you up with you secret load. Lol

·
Registered
473 Posts
Remington Hull, Federal primer, Winchester red wad, 28 grains 4756, 1-1/4 of 6's

Winchester Hull, Wincheter Primer, Winchester Red Wad, 27 grains 7625 1-1/4 6's

Remington Hull, Fed Primer, Fig 8 wad, 24 gr 800x 1-1/4 oz 6s

all of these chrono between 1275 and 1300 out of my gun, the 4756 load being the most consistent, not much recoil from any of them and will hammer a target from pretty much anywhere

unfortunately all three of these powders are no longer made, hopefully they bring one of them back before i run out

·
Registered
389 Posts
While reading this thread my shoulder started aching and ears ringing. For the sake of your fellow shooters I hope none of you shoot a Browning !

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
While reading this thread my shoulder started aching and ears ringing. For the sake of your fellow shooters I hope none of you shoot a Browning !
And why?

Reactions: mg1polo

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Under 50yds, Longshot, Fed. GM hull and 1-1/4oz of Nickel 7s. Past, same load, copper or nickle 5s or 6s and buffered.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
No longer produced, but Federal offered a 1 3/8 oz. Max, copper plated #6 shot Premium Load. Best performance I've ever witnessed.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts