Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vern, I assume the snow has you penned up indoors and bored.

Ed

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
What you can make your best scores with. What you can put to your shoulder, call for the bird, and swing, shoot, and break the bird without conscious thought. For me, my TB, a 36 year partner.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind words, Vern. I've been badgering the newspaper to give us shooters at least some of the ink they devote to bowling for a few years and it finally paid off. And in these parts, there probably are about as many guys who own a gun as a bowling ball!

If you want to try a Beretta combo with either a top single or unsingle barrel, there's one of each in my gun safe and you're welcome to shoot them.

Ed

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
The one that reliably shoots where you look and has the dynamics that work with you and does not bang you around. One that never has anything strange happen like something getting loose, gets inadvertant dings and scratches, and is impossible to steal. I'm still looking for it. But when all is said and done, I do think a used Ljutic is the best "bargain" going...a "core" to be made into your favorite gun for all time. But I'll be flamed for this opinion which makes the 'net fun.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hit the Lottery, huh? Hiram should have them in stock - no waiting!

Ed

·
Registered
10,302 Posts
I have had numerous good guns, and have had at least three that cost as much as a new car.

The best Combo I have shot to date is the 32"/34" fixed stock Browning Unsingle Combo. It fits like a glove, hits like a freight train, and kicks like a small bore. It shoots where I look, and the perfectly regulated O/U barrel shoots high enough (6" high, or around 70/30) for ATA Dubs, flat enough for Skeet. The Unsingle can be set where I want it, which for me is almost 15" high (95+%).

It is NOT ammo or primer sensitive. It is very tunable with added weights and recoil reducers, more for desired balance than recoil reduction. Better chokes and springs are available for it. At under $4000, it may be the best deal on the market today.

As a former Browning repair center employee, I can perform whatever service it may need, parts are very available for it, and I LIKE IT.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Best trap gun for the money is a BT99. Best trap gun for Singles and Handicap is a used TM1 or TMX if you can shoot with the high rib.

·
Registered
883 Posts
TM-1,TMX or LTX. I like the TM's because I can put in a leaf spring trigger & get a 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 pound trigger pull. The bbls are well balanced,they just work. I also like the undersingle P guns with the very high rib.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.