Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after 10 years plus of loading, my 12 gauge SL900 Dillon showed a problem with inserting wads into the hulls. Close inspection revealed enough wear in the wad guide sleeve and the wad guide to let the wad catch the edge of the shell mouth. I just called Dillon and spoke to Gary in parts. They are sending out a complete wad guide swing arm assembly ($34.95 on the website) on warranty. I'm impressed.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Great! I really appreciate good customer service. So many companies fail to realize how easy it is to provide great customer service.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Talked to Dillon Friday about 7 or 8 small parts for my SL900 that were showing wear from my clumsiness. The guy would NOT let me pay for them. I would guess it was at least $50 worth of parts, but he just kept saying "what else?' until I ran out of requests. He even gave me a return authorization for my hull feeder motor ($65) whenever I finish my winter loading(it's getting a bit sluggish - it's 12 years old) and can send it off. When I got off the phone, I didn't know whether to feel great or guilty. Dang, what an outfit!!! Been using their stuff for 25+ years and they've ALWAYS been the greatest.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think it is a pretty good race between RCBS and Dillon, they are A+ companies when it comes to warranty stuff. I've even called RCBS to order some non catalog parts and they warranty half my order. There is no arguing with them.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
I think it is a pretty good race between RCBS and Dillon, they are not A+ companies when it comes to warranty stuff. I've even called RCBS to order some non catalog parts and they warranty half my order. There is no arguing with them.
I hope that was typo in your second sentence there ES. Everything else was very positive, except that big "NOT" in there, unless I'm not understanding what you mean.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
I think I may have one of the oldest Dillon SL900's. I purchased it when they first came out (90's) at the factory on one of my business trips. They had a special price with the shell feeder for $595.00. I don't keep track of the number of shells I've reloaded but it's a bunch (100,000's). And I have replaced a few of the plastic parts but that's about it. The thing still runs as smooth as silk.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I love my Dillon to death. I know it does not get nearly the love of the 9000's or Spolars. I don't know why. A simply awesome machine that cranks out shell after shell.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think it is a pretty good race between RCBS and Dillon, they are A+ companies when it comes to warranty stuff. I've even called RCBS to order some non catalog parts and they warranty half my order. There is no arguing with them.
While I have never owned a dillon I do have the RCBS Grand and I can tell you they are fantastic and their no BS warranty is just that. I bought mine as new old stock and when I called them because a part was missing they not only sent the part but all of the updates to me as well!...FOR FREE! And the machine runs like a dream on top of it!

With all the great things im hearing about the Dillon....i might need to check one out;)

Reap

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
RCBS and Dillion have the best replacement policy hands down!! I own both and it's always free even the S&H ! Now I also own 3 PW's and by comparison the replacement policy stinks!! I ordered a wad guide that would easily fit into a padded envelope and the flat rate shipping of 10 dollars was imposed!!This was quite some time ago and I ordered several so I wouldn't get hit that hard again. I do like the PW loaders but as stated they can't keep up with the other guy's

·
Registered
454 Posts
I bought my Dillion in 1995 or 1996 and have loaded a bunch of shells with it. Over the years I've added a few after market parts to it; an extended powder tube, a powder drop dial, and most recently a roller cam follower. With the upgraded cam follower the machine dramatically runs so much smoother it's like having a new reloader. It also allowed me to precisley time it when the hull is pushed into the first stage of the press. Here's the link for the part if you would like to check it out. I am not involved with the business that makes this part. Dillon XL 650 / SL 900 performance improvements: Roller Cam Follower

Does anyone have experience with this LED lighting kit?
LED RELOADING PRESS LIGHTING SYSTEM for Dillon XL 650 with Top Tool Head Light

Cheers
Gavin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts