Trapshooters Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,596 Posts
You can’t even spell the name of the gun that you deride. I think that says a great deal.
Unfortunately, the spell checker doesn't recognize Turkish and changed it's spelling of YILDIZ to YELDIZ. Do you feel that has anything to do with the junk produced in Turkey?
I find it strange that your now contemplating the purchase of an
MX 4? If you truly feel that the TURD is so great, why?
LOL.....

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Honestly? That’s the best you’ve got? To attack a trap shooter for looking at another gun?

I think my arguing with you is done. You’re way out of your class.
Unfortunately, the spell checker doesn't recognize Turkish and changed it's spelling of YILDIZ to YELDIZ. Do you feel that has anything to do with the junk produced in Turkey?
I find it strange that your now contemplating the purchase of an
MX 4? If you truly feel that the TURD is so great, why?
LOL.....

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I think the facts might help.

Lisa shot an SO5 for years, up to and including the Sydney Olympics. It failed on her during a big shoot.

The Yildiz Pro was suggested by Australia's foremost custom stock maker, who was also a friend of her dad. In 2 and a bit years, she has won 3 ISSF state titles, a third in mixed pairs with me in NSW (the first two pairs had better male ISSF trap shooters than me!), qualified for the 2019 Australian team where she finished second to the current Olympic silver medalist Nat Rooney, and in so qualifying she made 7 straight finals where, in every one, she improved her final place over her qualifying place. She rates the trigger as better than the SO5. Since I buy her ammo, I know she has about 10 000 ISSF trap loads through the gun. Not one failure.

She shoots a little domestic trap as well, more of late. Has won more than I can list, including several overall competitions (ie, not ladies only), the latest being yesterday where she beat a field that included 2 State hall of fame members and several Australian representatives. She'd have about 5 000 trap loads through the gun. Not one failure.

My gun has been in my hands since November 2019. I'd be up to 20 000 rounds by now, mostly trap but some ISSF too. Everything from 1 1/8 1350 6s down to 1150 8s. Brass, brass plated and steel heads. Not one failure. I didn't particularly like the finish so I stripped it and applied a wiping varnish. Otherwise all I've done is raise the comb 2 washers. I've won more than my fair share with it, including overall high gun at the competition yesterday. And the only reason I won that is because Lisa didn't shoot the last event.

Her gun has the comb moved across maybe 1/16th and 1 washer. Both are otherwise totally stock.

She uses extended chokes. They are 35 bucks each posted to me. The guns came with a good selection. I change between extended and flush because I'm a tinkerer.

Now, I don't know if they will last 30 years. All I can say is that they have performed absolutely flawlessly thus far.

Those are facts. And I think they speak volumes. If you want to shoot a Perazzi, or a Purdey, have at it. It doesn't bother me. Hell, I'd shoot an SO10 EELL if I had the 200k to drop on a gun. But I don't. Until then, we'll keep winning with the Pros.

·
Registered
689 Posts
It looks like the importer in Australia knows how to market and price this gun based on Spartan Globals FB page.

Ian,

The importer for Australia and The U.S.A. are twin companies both owned by the same CEO.
I have know this gentleman for about 20 years when he headed another gun company here and down under.
Knowing him, I am sure there is a financial reason of why he markets them differently.
The guns that arrive here don't last long before they are sold with a street value of under $4000.

CT

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think the facts might help.

Lisa shot an SO5 for years, up to and including the Sydney Olympics. It failed on her during a big shoot.

The Yildiz Pro was suggested by Australia's foremost custom stock maker, who was also a friend of her dad. In 2 and a bit years, she has won 3 ISSF state titles, a third in mixed pairs with me in NSW (the first two pairs had better male ISSF trap shooters than me!), qualified for the 2019 Australian team where she finished second to the current Olympic silver medalist Nat Rooney, and in so qualifying she made 7 straight finals where, in every one, she improved her final place over her qualifying place. She rates the trigger as better than the SO5. Since I buy her ammo, I know she has about 10 000 ISSF trap loads through the gun. Not one failure.

She shoots a little domestic trap as well, more of late. Has won more than I can list, including several overall competitions (ie, not ladies only), the latest being yesterday where she beat a field that included 2 State hall of fame members and several Australian representatives. She'd have about 5 000 trap loads through the gun. Not one failure.

My gun has been in my hands since November 2019. I'd be up to 20 000 rounds by now, mostly trap but some ISSF too. Everything from 1 1/8 1350 6s down to 1150 8s. Brass, brass plated and steel heads. Not one failure. I didn't particularly like the finish so I stripped it and applied a wiping varnish. Otherwise all I've done is raise the comb 2 washers. I've won more than my fair share with it, including overall high gun at the competition yesterday. And the only reason I won that is because Lisa didn't shoot the last event.

Her gun has the comb moved across maybe 1/16th and 1 washer. Both are otherwise totally stock.

She uses extended chokes. They are 35 bucks each posted to me. The guns came with a good selection. I change between extended and flush because I'm a tinkerer.

Now, I don't know if they will last 30 years. All I can say is that they have performed absolutely flawlessly thus far.

Those are facts. And I think they speak volumes. If you want to shoot a Perazzi, or a Purdey, have at it. It doesn't bother me. Hell, I'd shoot an SO10 EELL if I had the 200k to drop on a gun. But I don't. Until then, we'll keep winning with the Pros.
Mate,

Thanks for your report of the success and reliability of these new Prostars against established and know competition. I am sure the naysayers hate it.
Any major competition manufacturer including Krieghoff, Perazzi, Kolar, Blaser and Beretta would be thrilled to have such a glowing introduction.
Remind me to never face off against your bird if that should ever come about. Luckly I am thousands of miles away from her.
I don't shoot one but have considered it as a back up to my prime gun.

CT

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Mate,

Thanks for your report of the success and reliability of these new Prostars against established and know competition. I am sure the naysayers hate it.
Any major competition manufacturer including Krieghoff, Perazzi, Kolar, Blaser and Beretta would be thrilled to have such a glowing introduction.
Remind me to never face off against your bird if that should ever come about. Luckly I am thousands of miles away from her.
I don't shoot one but have considered it as a back up to my prime gun.

CT
Say hi to John G from Lisa and Gary. I was hoping to catch up with Pedro a while ago but COVID restrictions have ruined that.

Cheers.

(ps I can still beat her sometimes....)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have watched this conversation carefully- am an American ata trapshooter and have kept quiet on Turkish gun issues thus far but as with any company/nationality yes there are problems sometimes but in my personal experience as both a shooter and gunsmith is my experiences are #1 with Turkish made shotguns are primarily the semi-autos imported here often break important & unavailable parts. # 2- my various single and o/u tend to work after large round counts.
With that said I have seen some dubious quality/endurance but YILDIZ was not the manufacture. Have seen several of the “price point” yildiz o/u sold here by academy sports hold up to high school kids financed by parents who aren’t necessarily ‘guns-savvy’ especially when comes to maintenance and seriously have considered the “el cheapie” academt shorter for a toy in my arsenal

·
Registered
689 Posts
Say hi to John G from Lisa and Gary. I was hoping to catch up with Pedro a while ago but COVID restrictions have ruined that.

Cheers.

(ps I can still beat her sometimes....)
Gary,

I talked with John last week about a barrel for a friend that has an SC3.
We are getting Covid under control thanks to caring administration.
Shoot well and enjoy. Smoke balls are great !

CT

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
And this long weekend we struck again. 4 events over 2 clubs. Lisa 2 firsts and a second, I won the other event after a 6 way shoot off. She was in that shoot off, but happily she still talks to me.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts