Trapshooters Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Just wondering how you know better than what this company advertises? In regards to the steel used mg1polo?
It's fairly simple. 4140 is a US manufacturing standard, that doesn't exist in Italy, nor is it supplied by the supposed European Manufacturer.
Coming from a long family history of manufacturing and metal fabrication as well as machining, one tends to have knowledge of these simple things.
Screenshot_20210516-175947_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
504 Posts

Top Profile
Prostar
Post subject: Re: Yildiz ProStar series?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:44 am
Utility Grade
I don’t often post on forums but I wanted to share some background on the Yildiz Prostar.
I have been involved in the firearm and ammunition business for 35 years both in Australia and the US as a shooter, manufacturers rep and gun store owner. My first involvement with the Yildiz Company started about 20 years ago as the importer of the affordable entry level shotguns into Australia. I have to say at the time they represented the best made Turkish shotgun available and over 20 years have sold 1000’s of shotguns with minimal problems compared to other brands on the market in the same price range. The prostar however is a completely different animal.

At the 2017 IWA Outdoor Show in Germany I received a call from an associate of mine who was attending and was at the Yildiz booth. He asked me if I had seen the new” PRO” offering from Yildiz based on the Boss action and he described it as a truly premium made shotgun. I was a bit skeptical about a Turkish made premium shotgun. My friend who I have great respect in his judgement, insisted and repeated “listen to me and do yourself a big favor and check this shotgun out.
This prompted me to contact Yildiz directly and ask them to send me out a sample gun to Australia for my review. I received the sample gun and after reviewing the gun I was on the next available flight to Turkey. Interestingly that sample gun is still being used as a demo and has logged over 35,000 rounds without issue or repair.
I was very impressed in what I saw at the Yildiz factory. Most Turkish manufactures are “trade makers” and outsource most parts Yildiz however, produce everything in house and don’t outsource anything. They also have a policy of not outsourcing to other smaller Turkish gun makers with parts as they wanted total focus on a state of the art modern gun.
During my visit I watched them receive a delivery of 4140 steel and it was all from Italy.
They had the latest CNC machines from Germany and Japan in a 100,000 square foot factory. They were preparing a brand new larger facility that included a separate area that produces the Prostar and also a 40 meter shooting tunnel for pattern testing. This facility has now been operating for nearly two years.

Over the next few days we worked on stock dimensions, barrel configuration, triggers, balance and small cosmetic changes that I thought were better suited for the modern competitive shooter. The owner was very receptive and agreeable to the redesign.

In 2018 we introduced the current Pro Series to Australia. Our first shipment sold within a month with minimal advertising and promotion, all word of mouth and ‘in the hands’ sales.
I had 3 top independent and respected gunsmiths go through them with a fine tooth comb. They were each impressed with the platform. Two of the gunsmiths purchased guns for their own personal use. I was delighted that the majority of the buyers where seasoned shooters who owned high grade well known branded shotguns rather than new shooters.
I have many competitive shooters in Australia that now have well over 20-30k rounds and the response has been excellent.

Since the introduction of the Prostar to the US in early 2019last year we have had a total of two small warranty claims both handled easily with happy clients after. We know of many guns in circulation now that have had 1000’s of rounds and I can say that it’s my understanding that all customers who have purchased them are very satisfied.

When I approached a handful of very reputable dealers and showed them some sample guns not one of them had any hesitation in becoming a dealer. All of them were very impressed with what they saw.
I want to finish off by saying that for any people that are skeptical please check a YILDIZ Pro out, when you have an opportunity. Remember I was one of those skeptics.

We have some new things coming in the new year so please check us out on social media or our web page for updates.

I won’t be engaging in any discussion on this forum but would be happy to answer any questions anyone has if you will contact me or a dealer directly. You can see our list of dealers who each were selected for their long standing reputation and presence in the competitive shooting sports.

John
this was a post on another thread from the US importer.

·
Registered
675 Posts
It's fairly simple. 4140 is a US manufacturing standard, that doesn't exist in Italy, nor is it supplied by the supposed European Manufacturer.
Coming from a long family history of manufacturing and metal fabrication as well as machining, one tends to have knowledge of these simple things. View attachment 1752382
This above statement is completely different that what the manufacturer, importers on two continents and dealers of Prostars claim about the the source and quality of the steel used in their guns.
Having know the gentleman for years, who is the importer for the USA and having high respect for his integrity I though I would try to confirm what steel is really used in the Prostar guns.
In searching the web and in particular Rodacciai's web site I discovered that they produce a speciality steel named
GBQ.BAR. This stands for gun barrel quality steel and in their listing of alloys incorpoated in this special steel are the alloys of chromium and molybdenum ( chrome/moly) and that they provide these special steels in the grades of 416R,
4130, 4140, and 4340.
So, this is the 4140 chrome/moly steel that Prostar uses in their barrels and to further confirm what they use there is a picture on the importers website of his visit to the factory that shows a delivery of these special bars and the ID tag from Rodacciai attached to the bundle of barrel bars.
So much for fairly simple !

CT

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
This above statement is completely different that what the manufacturer, importers on two continents and dealers of Prostars claim about the the source and quality of the steel used in their guns.
Having know the gentleman for years, who is the importer for the USA and having high respect for his integrity I though I would try to confirm what steel is really used in the Prostar guns.
In searching the web and in particular Rodacciai's web site I discovered that they produce a speciality steel named
GBQ.BAR. This stands for gun barrel quality steel and in their listing of alloys incorpoated in this special steel are the alloys of chromium and molybdenum ( chrome/moly) and that they provide these special steels in the grades of 416R,
4130, 4140, and 4340.
So, this is the 4140 chrome/moly steel that Prostar uses in their barrels and to further confirm what they use there is a picture on the importers website of his visit to the factory that shows a delivery of these special bars and the ID tag from Rodacciai attached to the bundle of barrel bars.
So much for fairly simple !

CT
As if someone gives a Rats behind what some low end foreign manufacturer claims!
Here is the steel manufacturer that Yeldiz CLAIMS that they purchase 4140 from. Don't you find it STRANGE that they don't make it? WTF does it take for you to put 2 & 2 together?
Yes, IT'S REALLY THAT SIMPLE!

·
Registered
675 Posts
As if someone gives a Rats behind what some low end foreign manufacturer claims!
Here is the steel manufacturer that Yeldiz CLAIMS that they purchase 4140 from. Don't you find it STRANGE that they don't make it? WTF does it take for you to put 2 & 2 together?
Yes, IT'S REALLY THAT SIMPLE!
Gee, "they don't make it" but it is listed on their, Rodacciai's, website and the importer has a photo of the special 4140 being delivered to the Yildiz factory from Rodacciai as declared.
Maybe you should have your doctor check your meds.
The ball of creditability has certainly swung over to the Yildiz claim.

CT

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Gee, "they don't make it" but it is listed on their, Rodacciai's, website and the importer has a photo of the special 4140 being delivered to the Yildiz factory from Rodacciai as declared.
Maybe you should have your doctor check your meds.
The ball of creditability has certainly swung over to the Yildiz claim.

CT
Only in your mind if you believe that SCRAP!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Only in your mind if you believe that SCRAP!
Maybe you should try to delete the information on Rodacciai's website that they do indeed make and supply a 4130 chrome/moly steel for gun barrels so as to enforce your falsehoods that are NOT consistent or confirmed with the info that Rodacciai publishes !
Perhaps you are father gone than suspected !

CT

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Maybe you should try to delete the information on Rodacciai's website that they do indeed make and supply a 4130 chrome/moly steel for gun barrels so as to enforce your falsehoods that are NOT consistent or confirmed with the info that Rodacciai publishes !

CT
4130 is NOT 4140!
Once again, try and comprehend.

·
Banned
8,596 Posts

CT
Rerun,
Instead of trying to push those scrap guns to the unknowing, why not just keep that garbage to yourself!
That way, you'll think that you have some type of advantage over the rest of the shooting world.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Rerun,
Instead of trying to push those scrap guns to the unknowing, why not just keep that garbage to yourself!
That way, you'll think that you have some type of advantage over the rest of the shooting world.
Scrap guns ? In this country and Australia they are winning and gaining respect without any known or declared problems.
Are they top line guns no, but they are so far proving to be a very fine mid priced gun, with success and no problems.
Perhaps you are jealous of their design, construction and materials and success. Like I said check with your doctor about your meds. You are for sure filled with hatred without justification.

CT

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Scrap guns ? In this country and Australia they are winning and gaining respect without any known or declared problems.
Are they top line guns no, but they are so far proving to be a very fine mid priced gun, with success and no problems.
Perhaps you are jealous of their design, construction and materials and success. Like I said check with your doctor about your meds. You are for sure filled with hatred without justification.

CT
🤣😂🤣 Comical at best!
ROFLMAO......

·
Registered
675 Posts
4130 is NOT 4140!
Once again, try and comprehend.
🤣😂🤣 Comical at best!
ROFLMAO......
Yes, 4130 is not 4140, but maybe I miss quoted and you missed the fact that Yilidiz uses 4140 chrome moly steel as they claim and is indeed made by the Italian manufacturer Rodacciai.
Comical that they use what they claim ?
And perhaps since you would try to degrade me by using a non accurate call name, as you have done before, instead of addressing the issue maybe I should reciprocate and call you NG, like no good, instead.
Like I said you need help !

CT

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Yes, 4130 is not 4140, but maybe I miss quoted and you missed the fact that Yilidiz uses 4140 chrome moly steel as they claim and is indeed made by the Italian manufacturer Rodacciai.
Comical that they use what they claim ?
And perhaps since you would try to degrade me by using a non accurate call name, as you have done before, instead of addressing the issue maybe I should reciprocate and call you NG, like no good, instead.
Like I said you need help !

CT
You obviously have serious issues, there. Enjoy your over priced junk.
In a few years, that company will fall along with all the rest of those foreign failures.
Luckily, most see right thru the smoke and mirror shows.
You on the other hand, we'll that's quite obvious.
Best of luck to ya, you're going to need it!

·
Registered
675 Posts
You obviously have serious issues, there. Enjoy your over priced junk.
In a few years, that company will fall along with all the rest of those foreign failures.
Luckily, most see right thru the smoke and mirror shows.
You on the other hand, we'll that's quite obvious.
Best of luck to ya, you're going to need it!
Aha ha, a profit you are ? Perhaps you should start an astrologists website since you believe that you can foresee the future of a subject of which you are truly lacking.
Foreign failures ? If my memory is correct there is only one American gun company that is truly doing well and that is Kolar and ALL the other companies doing well are of foreign origin.
I don't have any issues, I look at companies by the quality of their products and not their origin, but maybe you should take a good look into your hatefulness of foreign manufacturers that are not to your liking.
Smoke and mirrors ? I produced facts, you produced nothing but hearsay and your false innuendos, no facts, no truthfulness, no supporting facts, only your biased opinion.
Get a real life.

CT

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Aha ha, a profit you are ? Perhaps you should start an astrologists website since you believe that you can foresee the future of a subject of which you are truly lacking.
Foreign failures ? If my memory is correct there is only one American gun company that is truly doing well and that is Kolar and ALL the other companies doing well are of foreign origin.
I don't have any issues, I look at companies by the quality of their products and not their origin, but maybe you should take a good look into your hatefulness of foreign manufacturers that are not to your liking.
Smoke and mirrors ? I produced facts, you produced nothing but hearsay and your false innuendos, no facts, no truthfulness, no supporting facts, only your biased opinion.
Get a real life.

CT
The only true fact, that you have shown, is that you THINK that the junk coming out of that hell hole factory is worth something.

Enjoy your garbage, you couldn't sell me that junk for $500.00, and if you think for one minute that I'm kidding, try offering me one!
It's completely obvious, that you really THINK that that Turkish Turd is a quality firearm!
SO, SO, SAD....

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Gee. I guess Lisa winning the 25 double barrel today and me winning overall high gun with “Turkish turds” was an illusion then?

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Gee. I guess Lisa winning the 25 double barrel today and me winning overall high gun with “Turkish turds” was an illusion then?
Congratulations on your fine shooting.
I'm surprised that you feel that you or Lisa's scores, has anything to do with your choice of shotgun.
Any shotgun breaks targets when pointed in the proper direction.
This discussion deals with QUALITY, which that P.O.S. has NONE.
Yeldiz is nothing more than the Yugo of the firearm industry and if you wish to pay exorbitant amounts of money for some low-end Turkish knock off, that's your business. It's your money and you should spend it any way you like.
Enjoy,

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Congratulations on your fine shooting.
I'm surprised that you feel that you or Lisa's scores, has anything to do with your choice of shotgun.
Any shotgun breaks targets when pointed in the proper direction.
This discussion deals with QUALITY, which that P.O.S. has NONE.
Yeldiz is nothing more than the Yugo of the firearm industry and if you wish to pay exorbitant amounts of money for some low-end Turkish knock off, that's your business. It's your money and you should spend it any way you like.
Enjoy,
You can’t even spell the name of the gun that you deride. I think that says a great deal.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts