Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
14,098 Posts
It looks like the importer in Australia knows how to market and price this gun based on Spartan Globals FB page.

The fact that they start at $3950 AUD, which is $2700 USD I'm sure plays a LARGE part in it. That's about what the Pro SHOULD have been intro'ed at in the US, if not a bit lower for the first couple years. Yildiz makes enough $ from their bargain basement guns, they should have sold the Pro at very nearly cost for the first year or two to get established.

Based on what AusAmateur has written, this appears to be the best option in it's price bracket in AU so it's taken a pretty good foothold there. That's the thing with perceived value, is you think OK, this is X dollars, what else is available for X dollars, and the Yildiz Pro is priced right in the middle of the the most overly saturated segment of the clay target o/u market among many very well known and quality-established makes/models in the US, which doesn't appear to be the case in foreign markets.

They also appear to have better part support in AU, with barrel sets readily available for $1500-1800 AUD ($1k-$1250 USD, which is lower than Beretta 68x and 69x barrels). I haven't seen any advertising of barrel sets for these guns in the US.

Then again, a lot of this comes back to what I said from the very beginning. They made an ENORMOUS mistake marketing this under the Yildiz name. They should have started a whole new company from the ground up, and distanced themselves as much as possible from the Yildiz name. Let's be honest, people wouldn't be running to the stores to buy a $4k Mossberg over/under...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The new Yildiz Pro Stars are made in a brand new factory that only makes the Pro Stars and this factory has the latest brand new CNC machines.
They are also made using chrome moly steel in all of the parts including the receiver and barrels.

CT
Searun, thanks for info. but I have tried to locate their new manufacturing plant where the ProStar is allegedly manufactured and cannot SOURCE the info. that is verifiable. Can you help?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Regardless of any improvement they may have had, Yildiz is made by Muslims in Erdogan's Turkey. I'm sure they and him appreciate the U.S. supported funding. What a brilliant way to establish large cash reserves on the backs of a well-known American passion for shooting, and gun ownership.

This is why I will not buy a Turkish made gun!

·
Registered
675 Posts
This is why I will not buy a Turkish made gun!
ib & jburg,

Yes there are Muslims in Turkey but Turkey is a secular country just like the USA, all religions are allowed.
Turkey is also a member of the UN, NATO, The World Bank, and G20.
In Operation Desert Storm they sent their soldiers to fight right along side our GI's against Sunni Muslims.
They are also pretty dam good at making precision parts. Up until last year they manufactured many of the parts for our Lockheed Martin F-35 II fighters.
They also spend a lot of their money in the USA buying the aircraft and other military equipment from the USA.

CT

·
Registered
675 Posts
So this is something you heard or were told, not something you saw in print somewhere?
I actually saw pictures of the factory that were posted on the web a few months back.
It was not very big, I would guess from the photos about 10,000 sq ft.

CT

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,752 Posts
ib & jburg,

Yes there are Muslims in Turkey but Turkey is a secular country just like the USA, all religions are allowed.
In Operation Desert Storm they sent their soldiers to fight right along side our GI's against Sunni Muslims.
They are also pretty dam good at making precision parts. Up until last year they manufactured many of the parts for our Lockheed Martin F-35 II fighters.
They also spend a lot of their money in the USA buying the aircraft and other military equipment from the USA.

CT
Technically, yes, Turkey is a secular country, but make no mistake about it, Turkey is almost 98% identified Muslim, 75% of which are Sunni, and the wealth of ALL Muslims eventually get donated and trickle up to the same place, to the same causes, and those causes are anti-American, anti "West", without a doubt. That is a fact.
All of this under the dictatorial rule of Erdogan, who I'm sure uses these profits for the good of humanity.....as do the Muslims.

We need to stop funding Muslims and their causes, and those who carry their flags. I choose not to support them, nor their causes, regardless of how precise they manufacture parts.

Yeah, it's just a gun that's fun to shoot, their cheap, and it's easy to disassociate yourselves from their origins, but all of the guns bearing names out of Turkey are covered in blood.

Everyone can shoot what they want, but be certain about what those funds indirectly support. I choose not to participate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ib & jburg,

CT
Searun,

I said I will not buy. I did not say you should not buy!

It's free world, you are free to do what you want, but I prefer to not to purchase Turkish guns.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have had mine for 16 months. Barrels are regulated perfect. Trigger breaks at 3lbs 8 ounces. Work can be done by Briley and several other places. John Gill who is the importer is the most prompt person I have ever dealt with as far as a company goes answers questions with in the hour. They are sponsoring shooters. Christina Loudenslager at eagles nest is one. She has 20k rounds through hers no issues. I have just over 5k rounds through mine no issues. Gun is very well balanced. I have seen three up for sale used in the last year and a half. As far as who makes them. Yes done in a different factory than other Yildiz. Finish is my only complaint wish it had more coats on it and a higher luster. Wood is amazing. I was looking at a 694 till I saw this one. Completely happy with my purchase.

·
Banned
196 Posts
Not that long ago Marlin was shoving lever gun crap out the door. Ruger’s trap model lasted how long? After 30,000 my 3200 was looking for a rebuild. The old man’s new Edsel station wagon never gave him a problem. Good luck to the Yildiz.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Hoytshooter,
IF you have John Gill's phone number, please pm it to me.
I just bought a new Prosport and it is missing a choke wrench.
Thanks.
Dan

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hoytshooter,
IF you have John Gill's phone number, please pm it to me.
I just bought a new Prosport and it is missing a choke wrench.
Thanks.
Dan
I have always contacted him on Facebook via the Yildiz Prostar page. Mine only came with the extended chokes no choke wrench.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I have always contacted him on Facebook via the Yildiz Prostar page. Mine only came with the extended chokes no choke wrench.
Thank you! I guess no choke wrench with extended chokes makes sense.
I recently purchased a Salvinelli with extended chokes and it had a choke wrench. That's what made me
think the choke wrench was not included.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I was told by a military source that the USA abandoned several thousand military pieces in Turkey and the scrappers there have recycled the steel into new useable pieces, your Turkey gun may have USA steel in it, but then he also said alot of the steel the US uses comes from China so the gun may have China produced steel in it, quality depends on how it is refined for the next use.

·
Registered
675 Posts
MD,

Guess you missed my previous post that discloses the steel that Yilidiz uses in their ProStar guns, is Rodaacciai 4140
chrome moly steel, which comes from Italy. No scrap metal.

CT

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
MD,

Guess you missed my previous post that discloses the steel that Yilidiz uses in their ProStar guns, is Rodaacciai 4140
chrome moly steel, which comes from Italy. No scrap metal.

CT
Those that know better, KNOW that claim is B.S.!
Screenshot_20210516-165732_Chrome.jpg

21 - 40 of 76 Posts