Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Made in Turkey.

Things to watch out for:

Barrel regulation (do they both shoot to the same point of impact.)
Triggers (does the trigger SUCK?)

The thing you can't see is, will it break firing pins? They often do.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
My partner has over 10000 through hers with zero problems. I’m approaching 5000. Both international trap and dtl trap. Using 24g 1350 and 28g 1250. Both are the Pro Trap in 32”.

Regulation of both guns is excellent. Triggers are very good.

The only mod to hers was a mid bead. Mine has 2 washers under the comb. Otherwise straight from the box.

Barrels are on the light side but weights are available. She uses the extended half and full chokes. I swap between those, and the flush 3/4 and full. Also shot a round of skeet using cyl and cyl. Did my usual score but smokes both from 8.

A quick lively gun. Beautiful timber.

Timber finish isn’t particularly great. Case is excellent.

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
My partner has over 10000 through hers with zero problems. I’m approaching 5000. Both international trap and dtl trap. Using 24g 1350 and 28g 1250. Both are the Pro Trap in 32”.

Regulation of both guns is excellent. Triggers are very good.

The only mod to hers was a mid bead. Mine has 2 washers under the comb. Otherwise straight from the box.

Barrels are on the light side but weights are available. She uses the extended half and full chokes. I swap between those, and the flush 3/4 and full. Also shot a round of skeet using cyl and cyl. Did my usual score but smokes both from 8.

A quick lively gun. Beautiful timber.

Timber finish isn’t particularly great. Case is excellent.
They have improved over the years, then. Glad they are working out for you!

Reactions: AusAmateur

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
What I like about the ProStar is they're using modified Boss lock up system like Holland & Holland, J. Purdey, Fabbri, Perazzi, and the new Beretta SL3. I'm not sure, but this might be the first Turkish gun to step up to it.

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Made in Turkey.

Things to watch out for:

Barrel regulation (do they both shoot to the same point of impact.)
Triggers (does the trigger SUCK?)

The thing you can't see is, will it break firing pins? They often do.
Was most concerned with barrel regulation and who would do the service - firing pins and coil springs, etc., just general maintenance? I'm looking at one for $3300 that's almost too good on the furniture and am remembering "all that glitters is not gold."

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,752 Posts
Regardless of any improvement they may have had, Yildiz is made by Muslims in Erdogan's Turkey. I'm sure they and him appreciate the U.S. supported funding. What a brilliant way to establish large cash reserves on the backs of a well-known American passion for shooting, and gun ownership.

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
But the Pro Stars are. Judging an entire brand would be like saying a 2020 Corvette is a crappy car because a 1980s Chevette once was terrible, and they're both made by Chevrolet.
If a gun maker is well known for having certain chronic problems, and they came out with a new model, wouldn't those chronic problems be the first thing you'd check?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If a gun maker is well known for having certain chronic problems, and they came out with a new model, wouldn't those chronic problems be the first thing you'd check?
Well, quality control is either in place or it isn't and Yildiz is not known for quality control. You would assume that the ProStar is made in the same factory as the other Yildiz guns and by the same employees. This is bothersome of why one and not the other. I would have to assume they are all the same workers. I don't rationally see how this all comes together, one line of guns are basically trash, and the other line is a first class looker. Doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
The Pinto and the Edsel came from the same company that made the great Mustangs-GT, KR, Shelby and Mach 1. Just saying that what goes for one model doesn't necessarily translate to all models.

Well, quality control is either in place or it isn't and Yildiz is not known for quality control. You would assume that the ProStar is made in the same factory as the other Yildiz guns and by the same employees. This is bothersome of why one and not the other. I would have to assume they are all the same workers. I don't rationally see how this all comes together, one line of guns are basically trash, and the other line is a first class looker. Doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
675 Posts
The new Yildiz Pro Stars are made in a brand new factory that only makes the Pro Stars and this factory has the latest brand new CNC machines.
They are also made using chrome moly steel in all of the parts including the receiver and barrels.

CT

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
The new Yildiz Pro Stars are made in a brand new factory that only makes the Pro Stars and this factory has the latest brand new CNC machines.
They are also made using chrome moly steel in all of the parts including the receiver and barrels.

CT
Thanks, there had to be a logical explanation because the difference was just too great.

·
Registered
14,098 Posts
Wait until somebody famous starts shooting one. Then we'll all be lining up to get one.
Honestly I'm surprised they haven't sponsored any shooters yet. I wonder if they've tried and just can't offer a competitive sponsorship package to the larger mfgs.

Even Fausti sponsors Dan Carlisle.

It doesn't matter if the gun is the best value available, if they can't market it properly it'll fail.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts