Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently told by one of the distributors of Yildiz Over and Under shotguns that Yildiz barrels could be used on an MX-8 with very little
fitting needed.I have been looking for a reasonably priced 28 3/8" Perazzi barrel with no success in the past few months and this Yildiz concept
became most appealing.Any thoughts from our members.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Only the Pro series will interchange, and I only have experience of the ProTrap. May of course still need fitting.

We sold Lisa's fixed 30" barrels to a guy who dropped them straight onto his SC3. They worked just fine.

Opinions vary about these guns but ours are now 3 and bit and 2 1/2 years old without a single issue. Collectively around 45 000 rounds and counting.

At a recent big shoot (211 competitors) Lisa won AA Top Lady and I finished 12th overall. They'll do the job

·
Registered
762 Posts
The Prostar barrels are made with Italian 4340 chrome moly steel, the bores are deep drilled and the ribs are induction brazed so as not to separate like Perazzi barrels do.
In other words, superior to Perazzi barrels in construction.
The choke threads are Prostar only and Trulock, Pure Gold and Briley can make chokes for them. Also, I believe the barrels can be ordered with fixed chokes.

CT

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Fixed chokes are certainly available. Lisa's 30s were fixed IM/F. Our 32s are removable with either flush or extended chokes. On the plus side, additional Y brand chokes cost me all of $30 each....posted. And they pattern just fine.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
I have fit a couple of them to Perazzi and the guys seem to be happy with them. The bbl seam to be well made could not find anything wrong with them. And a whole cheaper than factory perazzi bbl. You will get lots of guys telling you they are junk but I would have no problem shooting one.
It think this is a great assessment.

Reactions: PhCr
1 - 13 of 13 Posts