Trapshooters Forum banner

Yet another shell thread (state shoots) ...

1793 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  vatrap
I've searched here & looked the state asoc sites / season programs there's no indication from the wholesalers yet whether or not shells will be available to buy at the events (I'm east coast so ... PA, NY). The programs still have ads for Geiser, CAC, etc but we all know the situation is pretty different now vs when the programs were printed

Does anyone know if the state associations plan on making an announcement about availability?.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
36,928 Posts
Shell availability would be something each hosting club would have to make known, not the association.

I would think ammo makers are filling orders as they are and have been received. Military and law enforcements will get first priority. If a club, facility, wholesale or distributor did not have an order in when this shortage hit, then I doubt any priority will be given over those who did.

· Registered
36,928 Posts
right, im not seeing anything on any of the sites for state shoots about vendor attendance ... so wondering if anyone knows if the hosts are planning on communicating and when
Can’t help but wonder if vendors know anymore than any of us who will be where or what will be what. Some States are open, some not yet. This is a day to day thing that has gone on for over a year now.

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can’t help but wonder if vendors know anymore than any of us who will be where or what will be what. Some States are open, some not yet. This is a day to day thing that has gone on for over a year now.
could be they dont ... going to be tough to show up to a 2 or 3 day event not knowing if you'll be able to find shells. i reload so thought id be fine but am down to my last 2000 primer which doesnt last all that long

· Registered
13,015 Posts
Unless things get better VERY SOON It's going to be a crap shoot . If you are driving to the state shoot, ( and HAVE shells) ,I would advise taking them along just in case ,even if you plan on buying shells there. I think some clubs ( if not several) will only be selling shells equal to the number of targets you have PAID FOR.

· Registered
8,311 Posts
right, im not seeing anything on any of the sites for state shoots about vendor attendance ... so wondering if anyone knows if the hosts are planning on communicating and when
They don't know as the supply chain has a broken link.

Iam friends with two major distributors and neither have a clue about any shipments of ammo. Both say don't be hopeful till 2022.

could be they dont ... going to be tough to show up to a 2 or 3 day event not knowing if you'll be able to find shells. i reload so thought id be fine but am down to my last 2000 primer which doesnt last all that long
Call the club and ask.

· Registered
3,174 Posts
Our state association has ordered a pallet of shells just for the state shoot, whether we get them in time or not is the question. We will have to limit the purchase to only the events you have cashiered for unless it eases up on supply between now and June. My local club received a pallet last week from the same supplier, so we hope to have it in place before the shoot. Right now it's the best we can do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.