Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted previously regarding the gas seal
o-ring on my late 1970’s vintage 1100 Trap, 12 GA.
I’ve come to believe I AM using the proper o-ring, yet I still have a cycling problem; the first ever from this workhorse which has fired thousands of rounds, from high brass to light loads without any issue...until recently. Typically, the chambered shell fires, ejects 50% of the time, a shell comes out of the magazine, but is not raised and chambered.
So, here’s where I stand now with my cycling problem.....
Just put the 1100 back together and did a double check of several areas...
The interceptor latch seems fine; no chips, breaks, or looseness to itself or its spring and retainer.
The magazine tube, inside and out, is clean, and the spring seems strong and clean.
The link has no chips, breaks, or significant wear issues, and I’ve cleaned and lubed the recoil spring, tube, and follower.
The carrier latch has no significant wear, and seems to be functioning properly.
The feed latch is solid, with no chips or breaks, and also seems to be operating properly.
I’ve cleaned and checked the two gas ports, barrel port area, and gas seals, and though I’m certain I have the proper gas seal o-ring (ordered from 3 different sources; all are the same size), I will try a recommendation to double up on the o-rings for the next test session. BTW, I bought a much thicker o-ring at Home Depot, but the gun wouldn’t dry fire after installation; likely because the barrel may not have been fully seated due to the rings thickness.
I’ll test the gun again later today, and will try to better document any failures.
Thanks for all your tips!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I had extractor on my 1100 break in the middle of a non registered 100 bird shoot. Surprisingly the hull was in the receiver and the bolt locked back. I pulled my wire shell catcher and was able to turn the gun and drop the hull out. I was able to complete the event with only two or three bulls that didn’t extract. Replaced the extractor when I got home that night.

·
Supporting Vendor
6,156 Posts
Check the "fork". It is the part that connects the recoil spring to the bolt carrier. Sometimes one of the ears that ride in the receiver can crack and that will slow the cycling down. Just remove the fork and look it over under some magnification to inspect for cracks.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Just remember there are 2 different size extractors, depending on when your gun was made. The earlier ones were narrower than the newer ones. You have to have the correct one or they will not fit, or will fall out. Also if you get a bb or two in your trigger assembly, it can cause headaches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts