Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*** FLASH *** INDICATIONS OF SEVERE EARTHQUAKE / ERUPTION AT YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK Print
Sunday, 02 February 2014 05:06

February 2, 2014 -- (TRN) -- A seismometer inside a borehole at Yellowstone National Park has begun reporting staggering underground activity near the southwest corner of Yellowstone Lake, possibly signaling the beginning of an eruption of the Super Volcano at the Yellowstone National Park. TRN has obtained the image of the Seismograph report and now YOU can see it for yourself! This could be very nasty. . . (UPDATED 2-3-2014 9:00 AM)

Yellowstone lake is pretty much the center of what is the Yellowstone Caldera; the mouth of a massive Super Volcano, located beneath the park.

The activity began around 12:00 Noon, Mountain Standard Time (MST) on February 1, and was detected by a seismometer in Borehole B944 then continued, non-stop, all day yesterday getting worse and worse as the hours wore on. The activity is continuing right now at 6:06 EST AM as this news article is being produced.

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
Maybe that is what is causing all the earth quakes around Azle Texas, they have been getting a bunch of them

A couple years ago we had a tremor here NNE of Dallas, first one I ever been in

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
Is it a conspiracy? Does the USGS and University of Utah conspire to conceal earthquake/seismic activity? You be the judge. Internal links on the above link to Jelly Stones.

Don T

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
I am sure that zero the clown will want legislation to stop Mo Nature from letting it erupt, just think about all the carbon and chlorine (and other assorted things) that will be released

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If this has the potential for destruction that I have read, it could take out a sizable portion of the US and Canada, and change life mas we know it. Chicken little???

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
No news of this "scare" anywhere but here. Not downplaying the potential of this caldera at all, but if it was rumbling as said, you'd think there would be some news somewhere.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
I watched a documentary years ago about the super volcano that Yellowstone sits on...and if it decided to blow...THAT would be a game changer....and I live about 500 miles northwest of Yellowstone.

Ron Burr

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
What does that mean Barker?

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it really let's go it could make Mt. St. Helens look like a cakewalk.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I was in Yakima, about 80 miles downwind from St. Helens when it blew. My dad and I were out setting fence posts, did not have radios on or anything and when we saw the big buildup coming in from the west we thought it was a thunderstorm brewing. Packed up the tools and headed back to the house. The leading edge caught up with us and it was sand and grit, not rain. My mom and grandmother had the news on when we went inside and we found out what it really was. The ash cloud blacked out the sky from horizon to horizon and by mid afternoon what had started out as a typical cloudless sunshiny desert day was now as black as a darkroom. I kid you not, no light, none. Ash was falling so hard you could hear it hitting the ground. No one knew if it was going to last a couple of hours or a couple of months. Guarantee you that if this type of thing happens on a bigger scale - volcano, asteroid and it's a continous cloud like the one downwind from St Helens, it's an end of times thing for most of us.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Giantess Geyser has started erupting, first time since 2011.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We didn't get as hard in Portland with ash as Yakimaman, because, fortunately for us and not for him, the wind was blowing to the east, not south. But even so we had a lot of ash in Portland and it was a mess. I put extra filter media over my air cleaner element, and hoped the axle and other seals would not get chewed up. Fortunately no damage was done to my car.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Me too, RicK...we were having a shoot at Lethbridge that day...my new white '80 Riviera was grey the next morning....

Ron Burr

·
Registered
161 Posts
We all understand that yellowstone could "someday" blow, so i didnt think twice about this artical, untill i read there other headlines,

VISUALLY CONFIRMED: Enormous Craft Detected on Moon, YEAH, Most networks would just skip over this story??????

I remember reading a national enquirer we where passing around at work, it said elvis was on the moon and a passing lunar module was picking up his music.

Maybe elvis has just built a moon mansion!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Lets hope that big super volcano never blows. The Bush Jr administration put the collar on news about the growing of the floor from magma pressure. Obama's administration didn't lift the gag order either. Just to ease everyone's fears the volcanologist' in Indonesia just last week let villagers go back home telling then it was safe and that one blew up the next day. I guess some volcanoes can't be trusted to go by the rules huh? Either that or the rules aren't real clear. There haven't been enough volcanoes studied to make up a set of standard rules for them. So I will put it to task.

RULES FOR ALL FUTURE VOLCANO ACTIVITY.

1. All volcano's must be a snow capped mountain. (I think they look the neatest.)
2. All activity must not proceed unless nearby villagers have been warned to get their butts off the hill.
3.That warning should be two weeks in advance and email is preferred. If that isn't possible a blast of steam visible for a hundred miles will suffice. If the steam is not noticed a short 20 thousand foot high shot of molten rocks and some noise will do.
4. Any scientist who shouts "ALL YE ALL YE OUT IN FREEEEEE!" will be chained to a tree on the up hill side of the village for three days after his or her announcement.
5. IF the big IF any of these rules are broken---- Your ass will be handed over to the "Ring of Fire" volcano executive committee. (you know how radical that group can get?) You don't want to go there.
6. If your volcano hasn't been active for a thousand years your volcano dues are one half priced. Meeting adjourned I'm going to bed. It's been a long cold winter. :)

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Me thinks that "Dahaub" has been drinking some of that "High Octane Bourbon" that "635G" was asking about in another thread

Chuck

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
There have been several programs on both the History and Science Channels, that have detailed the possibilities of a super-eruption at Yellowstone.

If it erupts with the expected power, it would create catastrophic problems with the entire country, especially east of the park. Prevailing winds moving west to east would drop ejecta, blanketing things as far east as the Atlantic.

Air and water would be polluted, and equipment using air intake would be rendered useless.

A very apocalyptic picture was painted. And, the further forward in time we go, the more likely that an eruption will occur.

Best, Dennis

1 - 20 of 32 Posts