Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are trying to mark each post with yardage marker for each post and would like to find something permanent. Paint won't do it. Any experienced ideas? Comments welcome. Dave

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
Are you marking/painting Concrete??

You might look into a epoxy based type paint that is made exp. for concrete!!! break em all Jeff

·
Registered
198 Posts
If your doing concrete just use a concrete saw and cut a line across the pad. Just takes a glance to figure out where to put speaker.

·
Registered
277 Posts
We have a member of our archery club that embossed our club name into the concrete floor of our indoor shooting range. Looks great. I can ask how he did it.

·
5,238 Posts
Clubs I frequent have them stamped into the concrete before it sets up completely.
We did that at Naperville... easy, if you remember at time of construction.

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
I used lacquer thinner, paint stripper and muriatic acid followed by a detergent scrub down and I still can't get the stuff off.
I'd bet that the paint used in your spray can was a water based paint. Try a heat gun at high temps to burn it off. Heat and a light scraping tool is the best way to go.

Epoxy Paint your trap field is the cheapest way. I kind of like the headstone guy to come out and engrave the concrete though. I'd have to think that would be rather expensive to say the least. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
206 Posts
I got a can of green spray paint I'll gladly send you. My wife sprayed a garden thingy with it on the driveway and this morning I used lacquer thinner, paint stripper and muriatic acid followed by a detergent scrub down and I still can't get the stuff off.
I have the same story, only in brown. ;-(

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Using good quality epoxy paint, put a line across the 20 and the 24. Two lines are all you need as most trapshooters can count up and down from those two numbers.....I think.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts