Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wandering if they make a xt with adj comb on a monti carlo stock would like to buy one with it thanks mike

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
You'll be much happier if you buy one WITHOUT the factory comb and have your favorite stocksmith cut one instead.

Ken Rucker

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
The hardware on the factory adjustable combs is... well, tinker toy.

Ruck's right. Buy a MC stock and have the comb cut for decent hardware.

MK

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
All the X's I've seen that had Monte Carlo stocks did not have the adjustable comb. Which is a blessing in disguise. When I bought my XT Combo I bought the Monte Carlo stock and had the adjustable comb and butt plate put on. The after market price on the adjustable comb is right at the price of Browning's factory hardware.

Bill

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I know everyone complains about the factory adj. hardware, and it is Chinese looking. But I've never had any problems with them?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I have one XT that had the OEM hardware, and with the comb adjusted extreme right and up 1/8" I couldn't make the adjuster tight enough to hold the comb in place; it kept dropping. I made some spacers out of nylon bushings but eventually had the OEM hardware removed and replaced with more reliable gear.

MK

·
Registered
839 Posts
Try a XT /MC stock. I have one and I can't get below about 70/30 POI. You may want something lower depenging on game.
Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.