Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I just bought a like new Citori XT Trap Combo set, I haven’t gotten shoot it yet. I noticed that on the top single barrel there is a weight that screws into a tube mounted below the barrel. It was screwed out about a half inch from flush, is this a balance adjustment? Or should it be screwed in all the way?

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just a plug , it's only a 1/2 inch long ...
Thanks for the reply but its a solid steel bar about 5 inches long. I went ahead and removed it to look it over and it has a large screw driver slot on each end but threads only on one. You can screw it in both ways, inside the tube or sticking out of the tube and forearm where the lower barrel would be. It does not have a lock nut so I'm guessing it has to be screwed snug.
The manual does not even mention it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hmm must be something new a few years ago it was just a plug , good on browning for putting a actual weight in it !!

·
Registered
192 Posts
you can thread it in so it is all inside the bottom tube and nothing sticks out or you can turn it around and thread it in so it sticking out of the bottom tube , that way you can have the weight forward or set back

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve found several photos of other Citori XT Trap with the same weight so I’m sure it’s a Browning part, but no instructions. Am I guessing correctly that it is supposed to be screwed in snugly rather than several turns loose the way I received it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts