Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to post a thread like this every year about this time. A few years ago, being a man who has enough toys and the like, I alerted my Family and Friends that instead of sending me a Birthday or Christmas present, send a contribution in my name to any one of the Veteran outreach charities in the U.S. This year my favorite is the Fisher House or the Center for Intrepid Fund, but there are a number of others including the service organizations like VFW, DAV and American Legion. While there are numerous charities in this country that try to help all in need, I cannot help but think that we, the US, have called upon our service men and women over time to make possibly the ultimate sacrifice in the name of freedom. When we see or hear about homeless Veterans or those who have been wounded and need help, or their families falling on hard times, it just hits home much bigger with me. I ask TS.com'rs to remember our Veterans in need this holiday season and to do what you can to help.

blade819
US Army 66-68

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
We have been donors to the Fisher House for the last few years. About 2-3 years ago I was having some terrible chest pains so we went the the Dallas VA, and they wanted to keep me there for a few nights, my wife didn't want to leave, but they wouldn't let her spend the night in my room, as they had been having a problem with prostitutes coming in at night and servicing the service men, the ward nurse called the Fisher House there and they sent a shuttle up to the back door of the hospital, and she spent the nights there.

She was relived as I was, I was scared she would have to drive home and the hospital is in the roughest part of town

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shooterIII... if you guarantee your contribution, I'll edit the heading to your liking.

blade819

1 - 6 of 6 Posts