Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am a right handed, one eye shooter, left eye dominate. My biggest challenge is left hand targets, I think. Does this XD system do as advertised? thanks, Jake

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Jake,

Do you have room on that gun for any more gadgets? LOL

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard there is a auto "target lock" in the works! If I had it I would probably not release trigger on time. Anyway have been trying to use two eyes as It is suppose to be better. Read about the XD and wanted some real time feed back. By the way we hit 80+ here today. Hows your south Chicago weather. Jake

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Bite your lip Jake. 80's?? You suck. And that's 300 miles south of Chicago. I don't claim the same State as them. LOL

We did get slammed like they do though. We got a good snow Thursday and Friday and then a little more Sunday and last night. I measured over 12" of the stuff. I'm ready for it to leave now. Temps have been in the 20's and 30's.
grntitan_2009_2503319.jpg

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Personally, I would rather miss half the targets I shoot at than be subjected to the ridicule of my fellow shooters for having that stupid looking apparatus sticking out of my gun.

But that's just me.

·
Banned
958 Posts
The XD Solution is a new approach for eye cross dominance and cross firing,Is an alternative to tapes, patches, especially for those who can't have them on their glasses.

Any objective criticism is a help for us and we consider all of them.

I invite any expert to express his opinion on why "is not working",based on arguments and not other considerations.

I guess people who struggle with eye cross dominance and cross firing deserve to know their opinion!( of the experts)

Until now we get positive feed back on functionality, less on design, which we consider to improve!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have recently placed one of these devices on my trap gun , My score for 200
targets plunged dramatically but I was expecting this in the beginning.

The past year I have managed to perform consistently in the 95% range on
singles and have had some perfect scores. handicap about 92% average. mid
yardage. won some events at zone and satellite grand's.

Here is my problem and why I chose to try this device. I only wear the shooting
glasses with the tape over my left eye while on the line and the longer I wear
them the sensation of vertigo increases. it was another obstacle I had to deal
with instead of concentrating on the target. many times I actually felt sick, dizzy

I have only used the device for about 400 targets but I will make this
statement. being able to stand there with both eyes open and have a clear view
and focus is worth any ridicule or comment.
If I could win with a galvanized pipe strapped to a 2X4 I promise you I would use it.
The best trap shooter I have met to date was shooting one of the ugliest model 12s I have ever seen, duct tape in 3 places, hardly any bluing, the stock did not have a recoil pad, just a brass looking plate. he said he nocked the bead off by accident and was a year later before he noticed it gone. The old fart always stood on post 5 when we shot singles
He always seemed to take our money by one target. hate to admit it but took us a couple years to figure it out.
he could shoot a target 2foot off the ground and put out a bunch of people in annie oakly,
I ask him about the bead once and he just said "don't be afraid to try something new" who would have guessed I could shoot better without a bead

Now for your question!! Does it work ? I believe it will fall into the category of individualism. I am going to give it a chance. at least 2000 targets probably more if I see a positive trend . and then I will be able to say yes it works for me or no does not work for me
Never be afraid to try new things

1 - 12 of 12 Posts