Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally a break in the weather for the shoot today temps weren't to high but no snow or wind made for some good scores ,the day started out with protections starting at 10AM and the sign up and auction for the first Calcutta at 12noon and lunch being served with build your own burger with tons of fixins ,baked beans,chips,and cookies for dessert ,Thanks the crew at Allegan for doing another great job even cooking the burgers outside on the grill and also for stepping up and hosting this week to give us a place to shoot on the first sunday of the month and remember they still have the third sunday of the month also tey are having a singles Calcutta on saturday Feb 15,2014 ,now lets see some pics...

As you can see a full parking lot with lots of shooters today..

No shortage of shooters today even with all the snow as seen in the pics piles are getting pretty deep but Allegan had all the traps plowed and salted which made it nice ..

Roger Handlogten showed up as always pitching in and being a great help as always at Allegan ..

And Bob Waychoff stopped by to join in today ..

Even Clayton Marshall came out of hibernation to do some shooting today ..

And of course Gary Metheny showed up and no Randy Hook but no matter shooter were lined up to shoot with him in the second 50 bird pick Calcutta ...

And a big Thanks goes out to Bre Leeuw and Zack Marshall for running the auction for the Calcutta and also to Bre again for her great trapping for us ..now lets see the Calcutta board..

Today day we had 3 squads and 15 teams in the first Calcutta ..

And in first place with a perfect score of 50 was Tim Schanz & Harry Lausman Great shooting guys !

And in second place a tie at 49 and they split Clayton M. and Denny & Zack M. and Ken Sims ..

And a 5 way tie at 48 that got down to 2 teams and they split Buck and Doc & Scott E, and Todd..

And a picture of the winners Tim Schanz and Harry Lausman Great shooting guys !! And a side note to Gary Metheny but sorry no floor sweeping of broken bags of shoot this week Tim shot pretty good with it today ..

So I will end this for now with a big thumbs up to Allegan Gun Club from Anthony Seekman for another great job at a great club .. And ill add the results of the second Calcutta if I get the results remember next week at Fennville Rod & Gun 2/9/14 ..

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Thanks for keeping us golfers/ice fishermen in the loop with the great reports Doug. Good shooting to Tim and Harry. I heard there was going to be a celebration at the store. Buy one bag of shot get one free! :)

Matt Ski

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Hey Matt

Tim told me that was buy one get one empty free, good shooting Tim and Harry.

Nice job Team Allegan you pulled it off once again, I agree with Doug (our WMCC reporter) the snow was plowed and stations were salted.

The snow hasn't slowed us down so if your getting cabin fever come and join us.

Have a good one

Don S.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Rick - If the Pick your partner scores were up. You would see that Harry and I were lucky enough to break 50 straight for the second go around.
Then good old Kenny and Buck had to tie us. Nice day out today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts