Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTS: Spare Perazzi trigger. Bottom first, non-selectable, old style. Works well in two different P-Guns. Excellent condition.

Comes in new Perazzi Leather case.

$500 shipped. REDUCED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price reduced. My friend was going to sell it for me, but he wanted too big a cut!! LOL

The Perazzi case came from Giacomo, is top of the line.

·
Registered
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was asked about the difference between an old and new style trigger. AFAIK, the main difference is in the lower hammer. The new style is on the right.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Will you sell the case alone?

Dave

·
Vendor
19,779 Posts
Whiz White is selling a selectable tree that will make this trigger worth $750. I'll get a picture of the one he just did for me. Be right back.

·
Vendor
19,779 Posts

The tree is a bean and ten. Whiz did the bluing on the trigger too.

So, buy Coach's trigger and install the tree. It will make the trigger mucho valuaable.

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
Another noticeable difference is:

Looking at MIA's trigger above, there is a small inspection hole ~¼" diameter just above and in front of the trigger where you can see the engagement of the sear's front into the hammer's notch.

In the older housings there was no hole, just a long sculpted-out area.

Perazzi probably did away with this design, because the newer design is stronger, although I've never seen a housing fail in this area.

Had I not *just* shipped one of the older styles out, I would have posted a picture of it for you.

Whiz

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
Going O/T a little,

Here're six factory triggers in five configurations/style, the one on center 10 O'clock position is what Whiz said "older" style housing, some referred it as "skeleton" trigger housing.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">
</a>

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nice picture Steve. I have a spare trigger for my MX8 sporting clay gun that is about like the one you have shown at the 2:00 O'clock position except that the hammers are finished in the white and the knob to pull to adjust the l.o.p. is gold colored.

It is internally selectable as the inertia block has a dovetailed section which contains the selector --- which is knurled and finished in black. It is pushed left-to-right across (through) the inertia block to make the selection. Is this the way it is typically done on factory internal adjust Perazzi triggers?

And as far as the old style bottom barrel firing pin and hammer --- what was the reasoning behind that design? There needed to be extra machining done, so it must have been used to try and serve some purpose.

I know that the new hammers can be used on either style of pins, but is there any problem with using the new style bottom pin on an older style gun (assuming the trigger group has the new style hammers)?

Thanks, Gregg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.