Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a day shooting in the snow, I am Looking for a warm winter shooting jacket in either 2XL or 3XL depending on the cut. I wear a 50-52 jacket but have broad shoulders. Any of you snow birds who have one sitting in the closet PM me here to let me know what you have.

Thanks,

Kevin Tapply
Arvada, Colorado

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Kevin, I have two very-little-worn John Storm coats that would no doubt fit you, as it sounds like we were shaped the same. I was 5'10" with broad shoulders, no neck and weighed 320 pounds. I use the past tense because I had weight loss surgery a week ago and am down 20 pounds so far.

One coat is medium blue, the other is black and both have every option that John offered. Both have the extra pockets above the shell pockets and the shell pockets are the expanding type with a pleat in the sides, not the tight ones that John preferred but were hard to get shells into and out of while wearing gloves. Both are made of wind- and water-proof Ultrex and both have removable liners. And both have the full-length padded leather recoil pad. The bad part - both have my name embroidered in the left chest area but that can be easily removed at the expense of some residual pinholes.

If you go to the website linked above, these are the International coat pictured on the home page. These coats cost me right around $300 each but I'll sell them for $125 each. P.M. me if they interest you.

Ed

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Just remembered that I forgot to mention that these are right-handed.

Ed

·
Super Moderator
3,176 Posts
Kevin, I have a black John Storm Trap coat in 2X with the zip out liner. Coat and liner like new, coat worn maybe 10x and liner used 2x.

Like Ed above, my name is embroidered on the coat. I would sell mine for $150 shipped to you, so Ed's is a better deal if you like his style coat.

Good luck in your search, PM for more details or questions. Harv Shell.

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the offers guys.. These Storms are Great looking coats... I am hoping to find one in the $75.00 range.. I realize that yours are more valuable than that... Unless of course the embroidery Is KTapply... Then it's a different story.... :)

Thanks...

KT

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still searching for the elusive winter jacket.... I'm a big (relative) guy...6' 270..mostly belly and chest...looking for a generous 2xl or 3xl....

Thanks,

KT

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I have a dark green Woolrich shooting jacket with brown trim on the pockets right handed you can have for 75.00 plus shipping if interested excellent condition live in FL now so do not need it I will post a picture.

Buddy

I

Buddy

Snaps in front/ elastic in back/ action shoulder sleeves with knitted cuffs/quilted pattern corduroy collar Woolrich Classic on inside label.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts