Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 15 year old son has a 1100 that he has outgrown. My dad had cut the stock for him and purchased a short barrell for it about 9 years ago. He is now 6' tall and seriously outgrown it. Would love to find a single shot or doubles gun.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Don't really have all the specifics. However, if this gun will be used for "all" the clay targets games; I would opt for a semi-auto or an over/under. If cost is somewhat of an issue, I surely would look for a decent used gun. New guns depreciate. There are a "ton" of used 1100's out there along with Beretta 390-391. In the over/under category I would look at the Browning Citori or the Beretta 682. Both can be had at a reasonable price. They should have choke tubes and if possible an adjustable comb. (Although the comb can always be installed). If cost is no object, then of course the "sky is the limit". I would suggest he try different guns to see what feels best for him. At 6' tall and still growing the stock length has to be a consideration. Anyway, the fun is in the search. Just be sure to stay away from the "off brands". Concentrate on the well known manufacturers; Beretta, Browning etc. Good Luck. Ed

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Lots of barrels and stocks are available for 1100s, if he likes that gun.

First thing you need to do is determine how much you are prepared to spend. Once you determine the $$ factor, try to get him to shoot as many different guns as possible in your price range for the next few months. He will know what he wants based on fit and feel. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Hard to beat a Jack West stock and a 30" trap barrel for the price, especially if the gun is still in good condition.

Mike

·
Registered
11,408 Posts
Put a longer stock on it and a longer barrel, and you'll get years more use out of that 1100.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
i have a remington monte carlo stock with a R3 recoil pad and a 30 inch 1100 trap barrel available for sale. Also have a remington MC wood stock with adjustable comb. PM me if you are interested in any of these. JM

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have looked for a stock and barrel for this gun, but have not had any luck. The ones I do find......I could buy a good, like new 1100 for what they want for the stock and barrel. Of course he would love to keep the 1100 as it has alot of sentimental value, plus he thinks the silver receiver is just plain cool!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.