Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
5,482 Posts
I will sell you a brand new P/W 800 Plus for the price of a used Spolar.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey John,
I have both a Spolar and a P/W. The P/W is setup for 7/8oz
only. First shot of Doubles.
Spolar does 1oz and 1 1/8oz. Love my Spolar.
It's hydraulic so no more sore wrists and back.
Good luck on your search.
Mikey C.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hi John. If you find a used Spolar, you might want to get the serial number before you buy it, and call Spolar (1-800-227-9667) to get the history of the machine. They keep records on the machines including date of manufacture and change in owners. You should try and find out if the machine needs any updates before you buy it. One of the latest updates is the new primer cup which virtually eliminates tipped primers. I haven't had a tipped primer in over 5,000 reloads. Also some of the used machines I've seen are out of adjustment or they get damaged because the owners changed the settings and didn't understand what they were doing. Machines that had dirty reclaimed shot can get gouged up on the insides by sand or other debris. Some folks leave powder in the machines for years, which harms the powder tubes. I'd consider the cost of updates, tune-ups, and/or repairs with a used Spolar which might close the gap to just buying a new Spolar. However, I'd take a used Spolar over any other brand's new machines, cost being equal. The 2 Spolars on my bench are part of my extended family. LOL. Good luck in your search. Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts