Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a rugged gear, or shoot 'n' go gun cart. If anybody in the tristate area is selling one or somebody is looking to ship let me know.

thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looking to buy a rugged gear, or shoot 'n' go gun cart. If anybody in the tristate area is selling one or somebody is looking to ship let me know.

thank you.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I got the one Cabelas sells, it works great and I am satified, several of my freinds have the rugged gear models and they are great also, Either one will work as good as the other.

Rick

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have one of the rugged gear models. It's an older model, as I saw a newer one at a shoot and the front wheel swivels. Mine doesn't, but when shooting sporting clays it was the best thing that I purchased. I have been talked into lots of gadgets, this is one of the handiest. However, I really don't use it much at trap shoots, but am thinking about getting a modified golf cart. One that I could use around the ranch too. Anyway, rugged gear cart is a well made, very handy cart. Should last a long time if you take care of it.
KingRanch

King

·
Registered
107 Posts
KingRanch - Double check that your front wheel is not accidently in the locked position. There is a pin that when popped up allows it to swivel freely; however it has a tendancy to pop down and engage the lock. It probably happens when I'm lifting the folded cart while placing it in my truck.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a Rugged Gear and use it a lot more than I thought I would. If you are buying used, try to get one with the solid tires. Only thing you need to watch is make sure the gun holders stay tight. A friend of mine had a gun flip out of one because he left it get loose and it rotated sideways. The one I saw from Cabela's a while back didn't have velcro starps like the one from Rugged Gear. Not sure if they are all that way or not.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Church key,
Definitely does not swivel. Front wheel removes easily, but does not swivel. +++ on one that has solid tires!!! Keep them aired up is not hard but is constant.

KingRanch

·
Registered
691 Posts
I made one from a jogging baby stroller and ATV gun racks.

The ATV gun racks were more than then stroller was but together far less than one of the purpose built one.

I got the stroller on craigslist and the racks from Bass Pro.

·
5,445 Posts
I have a pair of the original "Range Boy" gun carts... 2 guns and 14 boxes of shells,

Jay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.