Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a friend looking for a ruger 77R-220 swift--must be very clean!--wally riebesell-660-744-4115

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
would suggest he buy new on a 220 22-250 264 as barrel life is short and dont know on used gun how many went down the barrel

·
Registered
174 Posts
Only Ruger I have is in .270. Have a Mossberg 800CV, heavy barrel, in 22-250. The rifle is a 1978 model and is unfired. It currently has a Weaver K12 C-3 scope on it that can be changed out or removed and the rings and base left in place. Will take $575 with scope or $500 clean, plus shipping.
Mark

·
Vendor
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the commments and suggestions---my friend, collects rifles and probably wont even shoot it--the jaquas listing , is a varmit"bull" barrel--I dont think that is what he wants??

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I think most of those made are the 26" heavy barrel. I have one with a Leupold 12X-AO scope on it (not for sale), and I can't think of why you would want it in a lighter contour.

·
Vendor
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am to meet with him this morning--i'll mention that!---thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey - I have one that is not for sale -- and , it has a Leopold target scope on it and on a good day you can shoot flys on a target at 100 yards -- I have 22-250's, and 243's, 223's, and 270's and a lot of others, and the 220 Swift is the most accurate and consistent that you can get -- if you keep your speed down you will not have any trouble with barrel life. Mine is not a "bull barrel", but is a little bit heavier than a hunting barrel. the beav

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I have a Ruger 220 that is plain barrel. I haven't put that many rounds thru it and it still shoots very well. It has a straight 6 on it. Leupold.
you can PM me if this is what you are wanting.

Rick in Mt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.