Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a nice Remington 90-T monte carlo butt stock w/adj. comb, and matching forearm. My 90-t is a low rib model, and is currently fitted with a straight non-monte carlo stock. The straight stock doesn't fit me the best. Any leads on a nice stock set would be appreciated.

Thanks, Nick

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Nick, sorry i have NOT had time to see about 90T wood. Vickie was sick again today but, i will look as soon as i can. I HAVE NOT forgotten you. Joe joe90t

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
You can change that straight stock into a M/C by adding an adjustable pad. Lowering the pad will give the same results.

Doug

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I forgot to mention the straight stock on my 90-T is fitted with a graco adjustable butt plate. One of the best investments I ever made. I have it set up to mimic a monte carlo stock. I have the drop at heel set at 2.750". The butt plate is dropped as far down as it will go. I could use more drop to get the pad to fit better in my shoulder pocket, and get my head in a more level upright position. I also rotated the butt plate some to accommodate my cant or hold. Helps level the gun out so it isn't shooting high left (I'm a right hand shooter). The stock also has a adjustable comb. However, I don't think it was factory cut. For some strange reason the comb was cut about 1" too far rearward. Creates kind of a awkward cheek weld on the stock. I also have the comb offset to the right 1/8" from center to help align my eye with the center of the rib. If I crank the butt plate out to accommodate the awkward comb position, I run into length of pull problems. I found 15" l.o.p. provides a happy medium, but isn't exactly a perfect fit. The bottom line is I need to start over with a different stock. I'd like to find a nice stock and forearm set. Preferably, with a factory adjustable comb. I'd also consider a non adjustable monte carlo stock. I have a local who can cut and install the comb and adj. butt plate.

Kinda off the subject, but a shotgun the fits correctly and mounts comfortably is worth it's weight in gold. All the fancy chokes, fancy shells, backboring, forcing cone lengthening, porting, etc won't do a darn bit of good if the gun won't fit and place the pattern where your eyes are looking.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Well,Nick i have "caught" what ever "bug" my sweet Wife has and now i am sick. Hope to be up and sending you picture's of a 90T stock i have in a Day or so.Things have sure gone "haywire" around here the last (2) months. I was selling Toe Pads & Barrel Bra's -Ran out - Got more in and My Computer Loses all my orders. I REALLY DO have a Stock or two. Hope to send picture's SOON. Regards Joe joe90t

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nick:
I have one as well. This stock set was an original and was on my 90-T HPAR, both butt and forearm. It has the adjustable comb and adjustable butt pad (Up Down and Any Angle) with a Kick-Eez pad on it. It has some fairly nice figure and feather flame.

It is available as I replaced it with a custom Wenig stock set. I would imagine your hardware for the fore arm would fit right in there. If you cannot get it from Joe90T, then contact me.

In the meantime, I am looking for a release trigger for the 90T. If anyone knows of one, please let me know.
Thanks
Art

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the reply Joe. I look forward to seeing the pictures of the stock(s). Hope you get better soon, and things go back to normal. Computers/technology can be be a real pain at times. I can imagine the frustration of losing a bunch of orders.

Art, Thanks for the reply and offer. I'd like to see some pictures of the stock if you'd so kind to send me a few. From the description it sure sounds like what I'm looking for.

Thanks again Joe and Art. Hope you all have a nice Holiday.

Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.