Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day ladies and gentleman,

I'm in need of a RH Stainless Steel short action in either 22-250 or .308 either one will work or whatever else has that same size bolt face. Prefer it to come with all the bottom metal and trigger if possible.

Also if anyone has a Rem 700 LSS (grey laminate) RH short action stock I would like one of those as well.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

jackah1122hotmail.com

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
That's what I do. I've had two custom rifles built on Model 700 actions and found complete guns were only a little more expensive than actions and a lot more readily available. Plus you have the stock and any scope the rifle might come with to sell. The barrels don't have much appeal.

I bought a Model 700ADL in .243 WIN in really nice shape with a Bushnell 3-9x scope on it for $400 and a Model 700BDL/DM barreled action in .30-06 with the enhanced receiver engraving that only had 10 rounds through it for $540. I couldn't find a nice action for less than $375 and it some cases, that was without a trigger. None were engraved or had detachable magazines.

Ed

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I could find a gun that would work I would buy it instead of an action. I'm going to build a 22-250 on a Rem 700 action, if I can get one.

Thanks for the tips,

Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.