Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Go to Gunsamerica, gunbroker and Aution arms. There is a good selection on all three sites. If you see one with a Green Stock please let me know. Put in remnington Nylon 66.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hydra

Go to guns international item# Gl 100049537 Nylon 66 Seneca green

Iam still looking!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks but the one I was told to find does have a green stock. I called about that one last week. He said it does have a tint of green but not a green stock. He also remembers seeing them from time to time. Thanks for pointing it out for me.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Hydra I think your confused. The model 66 Seneca green has only a hint of green. If you laid a Mohawk Brown and a Seneca Green next to each other you could see the difference. The Seneca Green model ended in 1962 with about 45000 produced.

I think the model your looking for is the model 77 Apache green. Green stock with patches of orange swirls brown and black. This gun is often confused with the model 66(SG). About the only difference between the model 66 and 77 is the 77 is magazine feed 10 rounds. The Apache 77 was marketed as an "exclusive" run by K mart. Produced from 1987 to 1989. There was two variations of metal finish as well. I have both variations still in the box in my collection. You should be able to buy these for under $300.00 easy. Just sold a minty one for $250.00. I hope this helps.

I looked at a collection of nylons today that had 2 lever actions model 76 and 4 66 rifles. Not all that nice and 30% more than they were worth.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't think that the gun my friend is looking for. I know what he has or had. He said he had the gun before the 80's. So it has to be from the 60's. I will at the next gun show find a book on the rifles and see what they say. Thanks for the info and I will look at the 77 now. I will also print out a pick of the gun just so my friend can see if its correct. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Whiz is there any difference in the value of the brown and black ones? I have one of each in fair to good condition and just wondered. Jackie B.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the good information. I am still looking for a 66 brown,chrome and black, or green. Hope someone will come up with one. I would rather buy on TS.com than Gunbroker or Guns America

Peddler

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Shooting Jack It seems like the Black Diamond brings more and it should. The Black Diamond was made from 1978-1987 approx. 56000 guns. The Mohawk Brown had a total production of approx. 678.000. The Black Diamond is my favorite I have 2 in my collection that are stone mint. Keep in mind there is two variations of the BD. One has blued receiver cover while the other has a black matt finish. Probably late production. I have booth. Late production MB models could have matt receiver finish as well.

I buy Remington Nylons when available but they have to be mint or rare. Next ones I have for sale I will post them here first. I have sold 5 duplicate nylons recently. I didn't think any one here would be interested.

I will be at the Kansas city Gun Show next week maybe I might find some there.

·
Vendor
7,105 Posts
whiz - bang , you have mail wally riebesell

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
They have a very big problem. You cant put a scope on them. The metal receiver cover will move so the rifle will never shoot right.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I had a scope on mine, a Weaver J2.5, and it shot very well. I upgraded to a v-4.5 and the rifle was stolen. Still have the J2.5 though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
does anyone know how to assemble one that has been taken apart for cleaning. I have one i got from a friend who couldn't get his back together. I was always told NEVER EVER disassemble one completely. Well he did and now i have it and can't get it back together. I've never had a problem with any other gun but this one. any thoughts on who to contact? thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.