Trapshooters Forum banner

WTB-- Nylon 66 Buttplate or Broken Stock

5405 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  scott starks
Longshot I know, but need to replace the butt plate on a 66. Hoping someone might have a busted stock sitting in a corner somewhere.

Thanks
avery
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,319 Posts
avery53 how are you planning to remove the broken butt plate and what type of glue are you going to use on the new butt plate? I am looking for a glue that will bond cracked nylon stocks together. Good luck on your project.

In the near future I will be selling a complete collection of every cataloged nylon rifle made. Including some variations and NIB rifles if interested.

· Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jefffriman, PM sent--- Thanks

whiz-bang, The stuff I find recommended most is Tech-bond, Here's a link to a person using it successfully. Definitely need to do more research on it though.
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?174174-Nylon-66-stock-repair-open-to-suggestions

I found a person that did the plate removal, it is quite involved and time consuming. If this wasn't a Senaca Green (59), I wouldn't even attempt it. lol

Thanks

· Registered
105 Posts
hi folks,
if i remember right, remington had a life time guarantee on these stocks. i would contact remington at 1-800-243-9700 and see what they have to say. i used to collect nylons, and had 17 different ones, i beleive they had about 26 models, bolts, autos, and levers.....dan12ga

· Registered
15,230 Posts
Remington will take your broken 66 and a c-note and send you a new 597. Thats the extent of the remaining warranty. Not much of an offer if you ask me, since a new 597 can be had for under 200 bucks, and you can part out a Nylon 66 for $400+ on ebay...

· Registered
129 Posts

The first gun I ever shot was a Nylon 66. Cub scouts circa 1975. I took one apart once just to see what it was like. It took my expert gunsmith Dad a long time to reassemble it! I would suggest not taking one apart!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.