Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in search of a Rock River Arms, Bushmaster or Colt national match ar-15. I am looking to attend local and state club shoots and hopefully Camp Perry in the near future. Please let me know what you have and prices. I will also entertain upper and lower receivers/parts. Thanks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would but cannot find upper parts. No one has complete uppers anywhere. Others are back ordered 6 months or more.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Doc:

I don't know exactly what parts you are looking for but I am getting emails from Palmetto State Armory that they have complete uppers for sale. Can't testify to their quality.

Rainier Arms has barrels and other parts. They also have complete uppers, including some Noveske uppers. Rainier's barrels are among the best quality.

Bravo Company USA has Upper Control Groups and Lower Receiver Groups and many other parts.

Parts availability is not what it was even 5 months ago.

I just assembled 2 ARs from parts from these 2 companies. Granted, my rifles may not be up to the competitive standard you are looking for, but they are very nice rifles.

If you need a stripped lower, PM me. I have a couple from Spike's Tactical.

Gene in Illinois

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am surprised at all the responses. Keep them coming. As far as building a match rifle not just a service rife, it is not always cheaper to build from scratch. Also, most of the barrels need to be a 1-8 (1-7.7 really) rate of twist that is hard to get from most standard companies like Palmetto. The major barrel makers charge from 4-700 for a nice match barrel. I have added the cost of parts contained in most match rifles and found that the savings is minimal almost none if you account all the shipping costs to get the parts from 5 different people. I also have to account for size, type and weight as to adhere to the strict guidelines of the CMP.

I must also add that I am not a newbie to shooting these matches. I got out of the Navy last year and spent much of my naval career in and out of pistol/rifle matches. I just now have to pay for it myself as well as the travel it takes to get there. Thanks again for all the responses.

Doc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts