Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Shooting International Skeet, I doubt highly that they would shoot open skeet chokes. The second shot on station 4 could be a 30+ yard shot.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I called my Greek friend who knows vastly more than I know about International skeet.. He shoots .004/.008 #9's.. Most of his shots are not much past the center stake.. remember.. their shells are 1330 fps..and also 24 gram.. While I think their targets are a little faster..and more doubles in a round..the game is very similar to American skeet..just harder..

If anyone is friends with Kim Rhodes..a quick question to her would provide the best answer one could get.. All Good.. Mike

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hey Eurojoe, what is the average distance of the second shot in doubles in international skeet?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
They gotta be killed before they get to the high (or low) house. They are 21 yards away at the middle, how's your geometry. Also these kids are pretty quick!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Look for the thread by WGH with Perazzi barrels for sale - those should be perfect for your needs.

Good luck - those birds move too fast for me!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
They would be GREAT for bunker too.. The weights and rib are perfect..and the screw chokes make them adaptable for any game.. I have a set of older cat3 barrels with series2 Briley chokes.. With the bunker chokes made by Steve Baldwin and Stu Wright..it has performed flawlessly on bunker.. and with the Brileys..they did the same on International skeet as well as American skeet..

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have 27-12" set type 4 with factory chokes, no side ribs, wide flat rib,
ported, in great shape $1800.00. drop the xx's and e-mail me and i'll send pic's
Charlie

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
I shot a round of international skeet over here in South Africa with their national champion.

For me, the second shot in the doubles at station 4 was a bit of a long shot for skeet, but with skeet chokes, I was still breaking it with 24 grams of 9 shot.

For the guy I was shooting with, he was smashing the first bird 20 feet before the center stake, and the second bird about 15 feet after the center stake.

Next time I shoot with him, I'll ask him how his gun is choked.

For what its worth, shooting international skeet with a heavy 32" trap O/U is challenging, but its the only gun I brought over here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.