Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
A 27 5/8" P barrel is usually light weight anyway.. The sideribs would not be an issue for me.. My 27 5/8" MX8 step rib barrel works beautifully on both Bunker and International skeet.. with just a simple choke change.. But.. it is cat3.. which I can live with..

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Hi Joe.. He's shooting International Skeet.. I don't know much about that.. but the guys I were shooting with shot shorter barrels.. I know Kim shoots 26".. I shoot 27 5/8" 2 others shot 27 5/8" and 1 shot 29.5".. For American skeet I think 30" is running high..

There is a MX11 on GB.Com that has 27 5/8" barrel.. Looks to be in pretty good shape.. $3495.. screw chokes.. Might be something to look into..

I handled a set of MX11 barrels today..and fitted them to a MX3 Special.. Really came out nice.. I did not know if all MX11 barrels came this way.. or only certain years.. I do know the early MX14 had no sideribs.. and the later ones do..

Anyway.. Lovesthesport lives in Canada..so.. he'll need to find someone who will ship..and do all the paperwork.. and it must be a very good price.. So.. in reality.. all I think this board will do.. is point him to dealers who want to fool with all that paperwork..and knows how too..

All Good.. Mike

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a set 27-1/2 choked both barrels no side ribs, ported bottom barrel only, wide rib, great shape, weigh 1.58 my daughter used them for bunker 1 season then we went to longer barrels, 2000.00 shipped to you.
drop the x's to get a hold of me

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
The side ribs were left off of bbls with screw chokes, the muzzles swell up a little to allow for the chokes. i.e. MT-6, MX-11, MX-8C etc.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.