Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a MX 3 (yeah, the old one with the crummy lock-up design).
I am a cash buyer with NO TRADE for an O/U gun or a Combo.
Reply via email or PM. Thanks, Rick Kipp

·
Registered
506 Posts
What was the problem with the lockup design? I had a combo and had to sell it a couple years back but finally found another 32/34 combo a week ago that had no porting, had wrights choke tubes and was in really good shape. Good luck finding one they are out there!! thanks, Bob W

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The inside of the mono-block and the barrel fluting on a regular MX3 is completely different from a MX3 Special. (The "Special" has lock-up characteristics similar to MX8 and is much more durable). Regular MX3's will eventually "shoot loose" (as the lock-up begins to wear the lever will move from a right hand position towards the center of the gun and will eventually allow the gun will open itself after being shot). To fix or avoid this problem MX3's need frequent maintenance by a quality gunsmith. The MX3 is lighter than the "special" and I am willing to do the extra work to gain the benefits of a slightly "quicker" gun.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have an MX-3, I think the lock up is excellent. All guns will eventually loosen up, the trick is to own one which can be made snug again.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Okay - now, how about finding me a set of over & under barrels for an MX-3, or a MX-6, or a MX7. Still looking for a set that has not been messed with. The beav

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.