Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am looking for a 30" barrel with a vent rib. I am trying to put an old model 12 trap gun back together from parts. Prefer full choke. Simon's rib or similar.

Send offers to PM.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need the barrel with receiver extention and possibly the barrel adjustment ring. The rib passes over the extention and must be removed to threat the extention on, so I was hoping to get one already together. There is a complete front end running on Ebay, but it is already up to $300 and still has another day. I'm rebuilding a gifted Model 12. Even completed it wont be worth more than $600.

regards,

Todd

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Todd---Sell the parts you have and buy a mdl 12 all orig---Your right---It won't be worth much when your done and parts may not line up right---Had a friend try the same thing and it never worked out-----JMO----SJB

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys,
Your exactly right on the cost vs. the return. I already have an original 1973 Y model that is a target smoker. This particular M12 was a gift from an uncle. The uncle bought it around the early 60's from a trap shooter. He hung a wad in the barrel and you can guess the rest. I originally refused to take it, as it should go to one of his sons or a grandson. He told me none of his kids would know what to do with it, which really got to me. I reluctantly agreed to take it.
Although he probably wouldn't care if I parted it out, in good conscious I never will. I'm just trying to get it back to shootable if I can. I would put a round barrel on it, but it has the ramp. In for a penny so in for a pound.

regards,

Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts