Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking to buy a smoker for wild game and store bought meat. Is Bradley the best one to buy? Should I get an electric or propane smoker? What size is best for normal household use? What flavors are the best to use and finally what do you use to brine the meat? Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have a Bradley electric, non-digital. If I had it to buy over again I would have spent the extra for the digital but at the time I was just embarking upon my smoking adventures. I like the Bradley because of the automatic puck feeding system, it holds a steady temperature, will do cold smoking and is a lot of fun. It has been really reliable. The major drawback is that you have to use the Bradley proprietary wood pucks which are more expensive than regular hard wood but unless you are doing industrial volumes of smoking the price difference is tolerable.

I also use an offset smoker which I like as we'll but I only use it when I have a whole day to spend chained to the smoker minding matters. With three small kids, the Bradley gives me a lot more flexibility to not have to be there the whole time.

Dan

·
Registered
325 Posts
Want a great smoker that is fast, easy to use, and makes great food? Read up on this one, read the reviews. Have cooked many a meal on one and had many people go buy after I did, check it out!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I am still into charcoal and wood for heat and love my Lyfe Tyme grill/smoker You do have to tend the fire during the day but it does a great job and when you want to BBQ some ribs it is great as well.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I have had a Treager for 13 years, my three sons all have one, lots of guys at the club have them. You wont be sorry. My only thought would be get the right size. I bought the big one Q75 and since there are only two of us at home now it is too big

·
Registered
290 Posts
I echo exactly what Dan/djldb6 had to say. I will definately step-up to digital controller when analog system stops working. I like the hickory wood chips.

Easy, works well, and affordable.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Love my MasterBuilt electric. Very little mess to clean up and works like a charm. The digital thermometer makes it easy to cook to proper temperature.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have a NIB (unopened) Masterbuilt Propane Smoker model # 20050106. Specs are 2.7 cubic feet, 700 square inches of cooking area, 15,400 BTU's, stainless burner with 4 racks and removable water pan. Best price new is $140.00, will sell for $75. Location is Prescott, AZ.

John Bergman

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Bummer. When I saw the thread title, I thought it referred to a different topic. I was going to tell you that when you found one, please ask her if she has a sister. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
the today show had smokers on today. said you can get them at bass pro shops, walmart and lots of other places. just google it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.