Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
As a Marlin fan..if you have a choice in the matter..find a post '99 to '07model...this will have the Ballard style rifling with a 1/20 twist rate that will give you top accuracy with heavy bullets...I've been reloading mine with 335gr and 350gr hardcast gaschecks and its a monster with those bullets and is capable of heavier before velocity is the factor limiting you to 150yds max ranges

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
Thanks Coach...the lightest bullets I even bother with in mine are the Hornady 265's and Speer 270s..but the 335 with its big metplat is true stopper

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have one for you to consider. I do not think it is a 'ballard' rifling tho - I think the barrel has 'microgroove' stamped on it. Longest deer shot with it was 125 yds over a truck hood 9 years - that's about all I've one with it. It sits in the safe. If you are really interested - I could probably reach all the way back in the safe and snap some photos, but we (I) lost our digital camera chasing Izzie the Aussie thru the woods a few weeks ago. Most folks will tell you to not shoot .44 thru a .444. Fun gun - a blaster indeed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.