·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody?

·
Premium Member
13,736 Posts
No offense, but why do you need/want a spare trigger group?

I've been shooting one for ten years or so and the mains have been perfect (I have two spare sets - they take about five minutes to change out - just never needed to).

Only other issue you might run into is a trigger re-set spring - need about two minutes to change one of these.

Mike Battista (Silver Dollar) can get you a new one at a fair price - not a big price diference for a new versus a used one...

That or call Coles and order up some spare parts (they'll know which ones you might need).

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
HSLDS... you are lucky. A fellow shooter used to say the same thing till a sear failed in his DT10 and stopped him cold.

T

·
Premium Member
13,736 Posts
TBaber,

Boy, I'm shocked to hear that - the sears are rather robust in the DT-10...

Never said I wasn't lucky. I've had five Beretta O/U guns and never had an issue with a single one of them...

That being said, I am in Milan at least three times per year - so less than an hour from 'the mother land' for parts.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HSLDS,

Shooting doubles at Redlands last Saturday and suddenly my trigger refused to operate. Took it home and sure enough a little $6 sear spring broke a leg off and stopped me dead in my tracks. The gun will not re-set when a sear spring breaks. It was quite frustrating to be half way through the round and have one break. You don't swap out sear springs in five minutes even if I had a spare one. I could have swapped out the trigger (if I had one) and finished the round. That's why I'm looking for one.

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Premium Member
13,736 Posts
Kevin,

Do you mean the helical spring that returns the trigger to the forward position after each shot (the trigger return spring)??

That's the one I was talking about - with the right drift pin it takes about two minute to change one out.

I keep spares with me in my shooting bag (which admittedly I often leave in the truck when I shoot).

Emergency fix is to switch barrels - make whichever one has the broken spring the second barrel to fire and you can shoot doubles.

David

NOTE - I have been calling it a trigger re-set spring - turns out it is the sear re-set spring - my apologies... This is the small helical spring that broke for Kevin (and I suspect what broke for the friend of TBarber as well).

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the Sear Spring that broke. It took me a while to find it, because I didn't know what had broken. But I suspect I could possibly replace it in 5 minutes if I had a spare sitting in my gun case. Probably easier to swap out the trigger if I had a spare one.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Never go anywhere without a spare trigger for my Perazzi. The same needs to be said about DT10's and and 11

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.