Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a nice Colt Diamondback in .22. Prefer 4 inch barrel. Looked on gunbroker, etc. Not really wanting to paying $1500+.
Thanks
John

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Yeah, those are super nice revolvers, but many sellers have lost their marbles lately with preposterous asking prices. Reminds me of the Model 42s a few years ago. Idiots don't realize that there's about a 40% deduct for a nice 90% condition shooter compared to a 100% collector gun. My suggestion would be to be patient and hit the local gun shows with cash-in-hand. I've seen two very nice ones in the last few months for under $1100 (one 4" and one 6").

Good luck.

-Gary

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not exactly what you are looking for, and yes I know the differences, but I have a used Dan Wesson .22 with 6 inch and 2 inch barrels plus tool. Would consider way less than the $1500, way less. Fun gun to shoot, bought it to teach my daughters some handgun basics without scaring them off.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have one new in box never fired never turned cylinder. Call Gota hav it inc 815-942-2788.during working hours. weekdays if interested it is pricey but find a new one ,$ 1500

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks "Happy" but wanted something slightly used so I could shoot it plus I did not want to spend that much.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the emails and pm's. Finally found what I was looking for from a gentleman in Alabama. He had one that has been a safe queen for over 30 years and wanted less than a $1000 for it. Deal has been done and the search is finally over.
Thanks again to everyone for their help!!

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Tom: Whiz, or neglect, the punishment must fit the crime -- 10 days in County Lock-Up.

Bailiff...

-Gary

PS: John: It sounds like you're happy with the deal, so good for you. A little patience goes a long way when you don't want to pay the sucker prices.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Howdy all, Like I said I am the first and third owner of this Diamondback. when I sold it in the early 80's i asked to have the option to buy it back when it came up for sale. This was the condition it came back in. I also had a huge reduction in the amount I had to pay for it . It still shoot's great. Just the overall appearance of it shows a lot of wear.
As of last night it is going to a new home. My Daughter in law.
Thanks All
Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.