Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Colt Ace 22 caliber handgun . Must be in high 97% plus condition. Please include description and photos.

Also looking for a Colt Ace 22 conversion kit.
Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wolfram

I do want an accurate setup......what would you recommend for a conversion on a series 80 frame ?

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think the Marvel #1 is the best kit. Also Advantage arms sells a nice one that will work with the slide stop.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Shotgunner,

There are several brands of conversion units on the market these days with many sight options. I would look at the Advantage products as well as STI and Ciener. I have an older Ceiner with fixed sights that seems to spend more time installed on one of my 1911s than it does in the storage box. (I use it a lot) Accuracy is good - not target quality like a S&W 41 or a High Standard but very good. Functioning of my Ciener unit is also very good with CCI mini mags and Federal coppper plated HV ammo.

These units will fit any 1911 frame, the .38 supers and 9 mms usually need to have the ejector pulled but the .45 acp guns are good to go. Series 70 series 80, military etc all work.

The original Colt Ace pistol is a a high buck collectors piece that has a horribly complex and flawed design that centers around a floating chamber. Too much thinking on that one. The modern day conversion units are simple blowback designs which are ultra simple as they should be.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The marvel #1 kit will put 5 shots at 50yds that you can cover with a dime. They give you the test target to prove it. The Tactical soulutions kit is like the Marvel #1. One is aluminum and the other is steel. Both are way better than any of the Ciener kits( who also makes them for all the companies; Kimber, Colt, STI, etc)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jm9x23

What ammo do you find works best in your Marvel #1 unit ?

Do you have the long slide and metal magazines ?

Thanks all
Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.