Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
7,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont know if my first thread got posted- so here it is again-- i have a very good employee looking for a browning abolt 300 ultra mag rifle- i told him we'd help with the search! wally riebesell 660-744-4115 [email protected]

·
Registered
10,302 Posts
These guns tend to be light, so make sure you get one with the BOSS system, or your employee will get a concussion shooting that caliber!!

My A Bolt 375 weighed 7 1/4 lbs. To say shooting it was a "surprise" is an understatement! LOL

·
Vendor
7,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he seems to think that the browning has less recoil?! i will mention about the "boos"-- of course i said if it was that good of gun -why did they stop sellimg them? he is headstrong on getting a browning.

·
Vendor
7,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt thanks for suggestions so far- he's set on a browning!! happy new year

·
Registered
10,302 Posts
You will have a great rifle. Make sure he gets one with the BOSS. Non BOSS Brownings generally will shoot around 1/2 MOA. BOSS guns can shoot under .3 MOA.

This assumes precision rifle loading techniques.

He may have better luck with the 300 Win Mag. Less recoil, a lot less powder and better component choices. Nearly the same trajectory within normal game ranges.

The 300 Win Mag has been a winner for many years. He can even get a heavy barrel rifle that will give stunning accuracy and 243 recoil. It can push a 190 gr Match or hunting bullet at or near 3200 fps.

If one needs more power than this, he is likely going to Africa or Mars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.