Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back there was a post from someone that had some series 25ml chokes out of a BT-99. I could use some of these chokes if they are still available, particularly the Improved Cylinder choke.
John

·
Registered
419 Posts
Has your BT99 been fitted with these style instead of Invector or Invector plus? I think I've got one at home & ill ck once I get there. I believe it's a 2.5ml

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4andy10, I only mention the BT-99 because of the post the other gent placed here. I need the choke for an auto-5 that was choked at briley when the 25ml system was the choice. If you have a choke that is marked series 25 ml Briley has told me it will work without question so I am searching for an improved Cyl or light mod.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Mine says xfull on it.....measures .695 on inside diaminter...it's in a briley black box too..just pm me if ur interested or need it and ill send u my number in a pm

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'll look, I had a few of those....I may even have the tool kit to thread the barrels for that system.

I'll PM you if I find them.
Chris

·
Registered
424 Posts
Do your ML25 chokes have threads that are about 2" of threads? I have conflicting markings on these old chokes.

Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let me look for the discription I sent to Briley a long while back. Here it is... 0.787” = threaded od. 0.773” = non-threaded breach end of tube od. 0.737” id breach end. 0.707” id bore. 2.10” threaded length. O.650” non-threaded length. 2.750” overall length. Around 25 tpi.

This was for a choke that was only marked with "MOD"

·
Registered
424 Posts
Dimensions are a little different though. I would be glad to send it to you to see if it worked before you committed to it.

cmayer_2008_03032.jpg

Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's my understanding that any of the S-25ml were good for shooting steel through. Does anyone have a different understanding?
John

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you....I assume that you are refering to this choke having over 2 inches of threads.
John

·
Registered
253 Posts
If it does not say steel shot or "VX" on the choke DO NOT shoot steel thru it. Just because it has the long screw pattern on the choke does not make it good for steel.
Billy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts