Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mike,
I looked at your web site and couldn't find the listing you mentioned. Is there some way you could post a picture of the 410 on this thread?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Yep, that would be a stevens 59 just a different name on it. Had one when I was a just a youngster. They made one with a walnut stock also. I think it was a model 39.

Jim

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Jim...I called Mike yesterday. I am still in the market for another one though, so any additional replies would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I find this thread interesting because my first shotgun was a J.C. Higgins Model 10125 .410 from Sears which was obviously a Stevens Model 59. They evidently made shotguns for a number of department stores under propriatary names. I got the old gun for my 13th birthday in 1955, and still have it. I remember that the pin that held the magazine tube cap in place was a little too short which allowed it to slip out of the bayonet slot in the magazine sleeve and jam up. I had to continually knock it back down after a shot to reseat it and keep it from coming out as the one in the photo has. Maybe some day I will get around to putting in a longer pin before I give it to one of my grandsons!

It would be nice to hear your interest in these old timers, SCTPdad. Nostalgia like me, I suppose since you are also a former owner?

Take this as a long-winded bump.. :)

Jim

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been known to shoot skeet with one doubles are hard the safety is hard to get off between shots . The old vet

·
Registered
79 Posts
I reckon it's sturdiness is why mine has lasted over 50 years..lol. You are right, in my opinion, that for a kid the bolt action gun is safer than the exposed hammer..letting the hammer down on one is tricky at best, particularly for small hands. I didn't want to hijack your thread, but it brought back great memories of simpler times when folks were a bit more civil to each other. There were things that weren't so good about the "good old days", but .22's, .410's, and good friends to enjoy them with (one of them on this forum is a childhood shooting buddy) were first class. Thank you for the opportunity to reflect a bit...

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.