Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to buy a B&R Recoil Fitting Jig..like Brownells.

I might also be interest in other stock fitting tools/equipment for use in a shooter's home shop. What do you have. All must be reasonable...

PM will be noticed should I fail to check the thread in a timely manner.

Thanks..Stan M.

·
Registered
13,625 Posts
Your best bet is to just bite the bullet and buy a new one from Brownells. You don't see them come up for sale on the secondary market very often (I think I MIGHT have seen one on auctionarms a few years ago, and that's the only "used" one I've ever seen for sale), and if you wait too long, they might sell out @ Brownells again. Last time they sold out it was I believe close to a year before they got more in.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may be right skeet man..

...problem is I just think that it is considerably overpriced from Brownells.

I have a couple of friends at our club that have them. I'm considering just borrowing one of theirs for a pattern to make one myself. I have the skills and a well equipped shop, if I want to take the time. And if I do that ...I may as well make several...just for the heck of it...and satisfaction in general...lol.

thanks ...Stan

·
Registered
13,625 Posts
Stan- I rec'd this email:

Hi Skeet Man,

I see that you replied to a wanted post by Stan's Customs who is looking for a B & R pad jig.
I have one I would sell but am not a member of Trapshooters and cannot contact him.
If you would please give him my email : [email protected], and tell him to contact me if interested.
Thanks for your time and effort.

Chuck Tannlund

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Thanks very much skeet-man...

Mighty nice of you to forward it to me.

On second thought...it's not hard to become a member of Trapshooters.com. He needs to join and PM me.

Your email is on the thread...for anyone to see.

I'm interested ...but e-mail addressees on the open forum are an invitation to scams (as we are cautioned often).

Chuck...please feel free to PM me I am interested in your jig.

Best regards...Stan

·
Registered
13,625 Posts
I put my email address on every thread, and have for years. Yea, I get the very rare scam email, but feel that I'm wary enough to tell the difference, so it really doesn't worry me.

For me, having to sift through the rare scam email (1-2 per year at most) is FAR easier than using the PM system, which I do use out of necessity, but its very much a pain compared to regular email for me.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks skeet-man...

Hopefully he'll sign up and PM me.

If I don't hear from him ..I'll assume he's not legit in this case..it's just too easy to sign up, and I'm not sending anyone $$$ that isn't registered.

Thanks again for the help...Stan

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the endorsement...nwt

...I'll send a message then, since at least someone on here has hear of him before.

Best regards...Stan

·
Registered
13,625 Posts
He sent me an email yesterday thanking me for helping him sell it, its already gone.

He sold it to the first person who emailed him after I posted the message for $60 after I informed him that you weren't interested unless he signed up for the sight and PM'ed you, which he wasn't interested in doing.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jig found..Thanks for the help everyone.

.....and especially thanks to Larry (MISSY1029)..for the jig.

I enjoyed our visit Larry,and thanks for the "great" deal!

Best regards and Happy Holidays......Stan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts