Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes BYG they are a "Big Blast". It is hard to beleave how little recoil there is in a gun with this much power, the huge muzzlebreak really works. The gun is an AR50 topped with a NightForce scope. Living in the mountains in Idaho I love to set up an and shoot rocks across the canyons. I just need and reload so I can shoot more now that the weather is better.
Carey

· Registered
8,590 Posts
The late Skip Talbot, one of the premier .50 BMG cal shooters of the lst ten years, did a review for VHP magazine on the Lee .50 BMG reloading package. He found that, though it was by far the least expensive setup, it produced remarkably precise reloads with runout variances of 0.002" and sometimes better. It immediately became the darling of beginning reloaders. In fact, it was so inexpensive a lot of folks bought complete set ups, then bought a second press to hold the second die so they could have a "poor man's progressive". The one drawback to the Lee is that the dies are smaller in diameter than all of the other dies manufactured (1 1/4" vs 1 1/12")so if you decide you want to try another manufacturer's die, you'll need a different press. If, in your quest to get a reloader, you stumble across a Lee .50 BMG setup, it will likely be a diamond in the rough.

Good luck in your search.

Bob Falfa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.